The Squip Enters

You three arrived at Payless Shoes. You spotted a stock person hanging by himself. His hoodie up, sunglasses on. You took a wild guess and pointed towards him and you and Jeremy knew it was the hook-up.

As you got close to the hook-up, Michael raised his hoodie, hands in pockets, and you crossed your arms, you two leaning against the wall the stock boy was on.

Jeremy did the same, crossing his arms as well. You all scooted closer to the man, but kept acting natural as if you weren't about to make a deal with a total stranger.

Jeremy prodded the man, "I like your sideburns" he said. "Wolverine, right?" You slapped Jeremy's arm and he faced the two of you. Michael mouthed 'what was that?' while you mouthed 'that was fucking small talk?'. Jeremy replied back with, 'What else do I say?'.

Before your small argument could go on the man said, "Let's see the money"

"What?" You blurted out. He walked away from the wall and faced you three. "It's from Japan" he did the hand signs.

"It's a grey oblong pill, quantum nanotechnology CPU, the quantum computer in the pill, will travel through your blood until it implants in your brain and it tells you what to do"

"...How did you know why we're here?" you asked skeptically as he was finished. "Just look at you two" The man laughed. Okay, you didn't know if you were supposed to be offended or not.

You and Jeremy pulled out the twelve-hundred dollars. "That's four hundred each?" he asked.

"Four?" Jeremy replied.

"Is that a problem?" The man snapped. "No!" Jeremy denied. "Actually, there's a guy at our school charging-" You slapped his back while Michael coughed loudly, clearly hinting to Jeremy to stop talking.

"OH! Oh, I-I, uh, I mean four hundred each!" Jeremy and you both gave the money to Michael to revert it to eight hundred instead of twelve hundred. "Well, yes! If you insist!" Michael then handed you guys back the money and you two gave it to the man.

He sniffed it at first then bit it before walking away. You looked at the guys with a bizarre expression reading, 'what the fuck did he do?'. "He's probably checking if its real" Michael replied.

You all began quietly whispering about how crazy this was, how crazy you were to waste all that money, just for some dumb might-not-even-be-worth-it pill. The man then came back, stopping your conversation.

Michael reached in for your hand and was about to give it a squeeze until you pulled away, eyeing what the stock boy was holding, "..Ladies' running shoes?" you asked.

He opened the shoe box and you and Jeremy went over to it, Michael peering over your shoulders. Inside were a whole bucket load of gray pills. You were about to reach for one when he pulled the box away.

You stared at him in confusion before he brought it back. Jeremy went over to grab a pill but he pulled it away again. "Shhhhh Shhhhh Shhh" the man kept uttering.

He brought the box back one more time but before you could even go near it he closed it saying, "Just so we're clear: this is untested technology. And it's not exactly legal. Which is why you're paying for it with the cash in the back of a shoe store. I take no responsibility for what you might do with it. Or what it might do with you"

This rose questions and concerns all over "What might it-"

"TO ACTIVATE" The man cut Jeremy off. "take it with Mountain Dew. I don't know why!" he snapped, pointing a finger at Michael, who took a step back.

"Just something about Mountain Dew" the man turned to you both. "And, this is important- WE"RE SOLD OUT!" he yelled as a customer walked in. You instantly knew who it was.