disclaimer.

welcome back!

so this is the sequel to my book the inhuman. i really love adelaide and i have so many ideas for her and her relationships, especially with bucky (obviously)!

if you haven't read the first book, i would really recommend you do! im really proud of it and i'd love for you to give it a chance!

im going to post a synopsis and the ending to the inhuman below, though. i got you.

also, like my first book, some things in this may vary. like the timing between events and some people aren't dead that are in the movies. nothing too crazy though! if you don't know anything about agents of shield, don't worry! its all explained

okay! thanks! you're amazing!

-*-

PREVIOUSLY:

Adelaide Morris was cooking in her kitchen at her beaten down lake front shack in New Zealand when Tony Stark himself came and payed her a visit. She was shocked when this man she never met told her he knew her biggest secret; that she was an Inhuman. He offered her the opportunity of a life time and she made the most impulsive decision of her life.

She is flown to Avengers Tower in New York City, where she meets a group of people she would shorty be able to call her family. One of those people was James 'Bucky' Barnes, an ex-super assassin who is now free of HYDRA. As time goes on and their lives become more difficult, Adelaide and Bucky's relationship evolves quickly into more; a connection with each other that neither one of them has ever felt.

However, after Spider-Man, AKA Peter Parker, is randomly attacked by an Inhuman on the streets and Adelaide is attacked by a fellow Inhuman during the night in their own Tower, the Avengers realize that there is something bigger at play. After consulting with Director Phil Coulson of SHIELD, they quickly figure out who that Inhuman was and take him down. It's never that easy, though. Through the takedown of Lash, there is speculation that he wasn't working alone.

Adelaide throws the name of the crime boss that has made the Avengers lives much more difficult onto the table; Wilson Fisk. While they are trying to figure out Kingpin's motive, the Agents of SHIELD are trying to track down a parasite from an alien planet that nested inside of an ex HYDRA agent; Hive. Hive has the ability to infect Inhumans and make them compliant.

Both of these powerful men have one motive and that's to make an army of Inhumans. The Avengers encounter the same woman Inhuman at two different Fisk bases. When she touches someone, they see visions of the future. This woman was able to get her hand on both Bucky Barnes and Adelaide Morris. The pair both saw haunting glimpses into their futures, like Peter being badly beaten and a funeral for one on their team.

When Fisk escapes from prison, Stark and Steve Rogers, AKA Captain America, decide it's best to put Peter and Adelaide into hiding - locating them at the classified underground SHIELD base. During their months on base, Pete and Adelaide don't just grow close with each other, but with the AOS. Lincoln Campbell is an Inhuman with SHIELD that Adelaide quickly becomes best friends with.

After the Avengers take down Fisk, their soul purpose is on bringing down Hive. The two teams join forces and save an Inhuman agent of SHIELD who was infected by Hive. Soon after, they manage to capture him as well. However, when flying back to the Tower, Adelaide and Bucky's jet was shot down, resulting in them having to fight Hive's Inhumans.

Bucky sacrifices himself to save Adelaide and is taken to a warehouse where they try and turn him back into the Winter Soldier. Bucky shoots himself in the shoulder to prevent himself from following the orders to kill Adelaide. Once they rescue Bucky, Hive escapes and steals a plane from SHIELD to use as a missile to release a pathogen in the atmosphere that will turn humans into compliant Inhumans.

A plan is created and Adelaide helps get the warhead and Hive onto a jet that has coordinates sent to outer space, where the missile will explode harmlessly. However, Lincoln climbs aboard in order to keep Hive from stopping the jet, pushing Adelaide out at the last second to save her life. Lincoln and Hive are killed as the jet leaves Earth's atmosphere, saving the world from the deadly virus.

Now, with her best friend gone and having a permanent spot on the Avengers, Adelaide Morris must fight to protect the world that Lincoln saved. It seems like the universe is constantly trying to tear her apart; specifically her relationship with Sergeant Barnes. But one thing the universe must not know is that Ade and Bucky are indestructible.