eleven.

The men in the truck with Daisy, May, Nat, and I are all loading their automatic rifles, filling up their vests with extra ammunition.

"All of this for one subversive?" Daisy says quietly for only us four to hear, "Seems a bit extreme."

"Be quiet," May loads her pistol, "And do your job."

She cocks her gun and we all head out of the truck. We follow behind the group of armed officers and head towards a small house. At least we know Simmons isn't here.

One of the officers kicks down the door. I scoff, "I'm sure they would of answered if we just knocked."

Nat laughs lightly next to me, causing me to smile at her. She shakes her head and keeps moving forward.

I catch up to Daisy as we enter the house, the sound of a child screaming and a man shouting filling the small and quaint rooms. When we enter the living room, Daisy and I both gasp, gripping onto each others arms.

"Mack," I mutter under my breath. I watch as May grabs the small girl that was sitting with him, pulling her into another room. Mack keeps shouting, "NO! Stop! She's just a kid! Stop!"

I feel like I black out during the time it takes of us arresting Mack and his daughter, the ride back to the Triskelion, and them being set up in the interrogation rooms. I stand outside with Daisy as we wait to get the all clear to go and question his daughter.

"They want you to interrogate a 10 year old?" I whisper to her. She gulps, putting her hands on her hips, "She's just a kid."

"That doesn't matter to them," Daisy shakes her head, "You're guilty until proven innocent here."

"I hate being a HYDRA agent," I drop my head, "I just hope they're on their way to Radcliffe right now."

"Me too," She sighs. The officers come out of the rooms and May and Nat walk down the hall, stopping in front of us. I grip onto my leather jacket, taking a deep breath as I try and act all uptight and evil.

"Skye, you're going in with the girl, Morris observing. We're going into the man," May instructs, "We're going to get information out of them, by any means."

"What exactly did they do?" I ask, leaning forward.

"That's our job to find out," Natasha nods, "Madame Hydra would not of brought them in if they weren't subversive."

The two of them walk around us and head towards Mack's room. I turn to Daisy, "If Madame Hydra called them in-"

"It's because she knows that we're trying to get them out," She finishes. "Let's just go in. Not draw any attention to ourselves. She knows Simmons is in here but as far as she knows, we're still the avatars she's coded."

I nod, opening the door for her to enter the girls room. She enters and I go into the observation room, watching the interaction from behind the one way glass.

Daisy goes to the water machine on the side of the room, pouring a glass. She approaches the table slowly, sitting down across from the cute little girl. She looks just like Mack.

Daisy pushes the glass of water towards the girl, who wraps her small fingers around it. "Hi," Daisy smiles, "I'm Skye."

"Hi, Skye," the little voice answers.

"What's your name?"

"Hope Mackenzie," She replies.

Daisy's head tilts slightly, "You're the Hope that he lost.."

"He didn't lose me," The girl responds. Oh, she's sassy, "You took me from him. My dad follows the rules, he's a good person."

"I'm sure he is," Daisy chuckles.