E P I G R A P H

"my biggest fear is losing memory because memory is what we are. your very soul and your very reason to be alive is tied up in memory."
nick cave

Robin woke up with no memory of his life before Kasey Daniels found him in that ditch, his body half-buried in snow.
All he knows is that the last thing he remembers being called is Robinbut something told him in his gut to bury that fact, that whoever left him in that ditch in nothing but his boxers might still be after him. And so, David R. Matthews was born.

"i've got nothing left to lose but my memories of you."
author unknown

Five years later and a lot has changed— for one, Robin (Rob to his friends— he's pretty sure everyone thinks the "R" stands for "Robert" at this point) has a good paying job at Wayne Industries.

Then, one day, Batman busts through a window while he's working late, throwing Rob into a world of heroes and villains...

"it's not the goodbye that hurts. it's the flashbacks and memories that follow."
author unknown

Rob's comfortable life is suddenly thrown on its head, but he can't help but question if the insane world of heroes and villains was the piece that always seemed to leave a gaping hole in him?

"i'm scared of what will happen if i find out, but i'm terrified to know what will happen if i don't."
david r. matthews