Returning part 2

"Then let me take you home. To your family". 
**Edited*****NO WAY HOME SPOILERS***
——————————————————

       Once Ocelius was at last ready to continue, he raised his hands above his head and a bright light engulfed us. Now listen, if I were to be asked what I think it would feel like to be brought back to life, floating around a cloud of cotton candy would not have been my guess. It was very sudden but comfortable at the same time. The bright light started to grow brighter until it just stopped. As Nat and I opened our eyes, we were met with a stench of oil, fuel, and alcohol. Lots and lots of alcohol. We were in an alleyway in the back of what, by the smell, we believe is a bar. It was dark and muddy- oh and infested. I don't know what those creatures are, but you do not want the health inspection to see them. Fastest way to get shut down right there. After seeing our strange half rat half roach looking friends, Nat and I decided its time to leave. Why would we be brought here? This is certainly not New York.

"Maybe Peter came to live here when he decided to leave after everyone lost their memories?" Nat offered.

"Why here though? And how will we find him?" I responded.

"Let's maybe ask in this building? We had to have been brought here for a reason" I nodded and off we went. As we walked in, we noticed that the interior was pleasantly much more... what's the word...? Oh yes. Sterile. The lights danced around while people ate, danced or drank all throughout the building. We made our way past the dancing bodies and to the bartenders.

Getting the attention of one of them, we asked "Hello, a bit of a strange question, but do you perhaps know a Peter Stark?" He looked at me confused and responded with "No not Stark im afraid." Then it hit me. Peter doesn't want to be able to be traced back to our family so he doesn't "put them in danger" so he would not use Stark as his last name. Peter Parker however has no tracks to follow.

"No that's alright" I answer, "maybe he goes by Peter Parker now though, does that sound any more familiar?" A look of recognition washes over his face and I finally allow myself to breathe.

"Oh Pete! Yeah, man just about everybody in here knows him! He works here- absolute gem to have around. He hasn't shown up in a few days though, but that's not unusual for him."

"Oh that's wonderful! We are old friends of his and have been looking to get back in touch with him but haven't been able to! Do you maybe know where we can find him?" Nat innocently says. Now I use the term "innocent" very loosely here.Anyone who knows her, knows she's incapable of that.

He eyes us skeptically. I can tell he's about to object so I intervene. "Listen pal. That kid means more to me than you know. And I've been warned that he's in danger. So unless you want you "absolute gem" to get hurt. You're gonna tell me where he is. I understand your hesitation to tell some strangers but we frankly don't know how we can prove to you that we're only here to help him. So please. If you genuinely care at all about him. Help us help him.

He stares at us for a while before he slowly nods and pulls out a piece of paper. "He'll probably be at this address, it's his apartment complex. Just buzz the button near his name and he'll decide whether to let you in or not" He Says. We grab the piece of paper and thank him with some polite smiles as we walked away. 

1704 ME-11, Winthrop, ME 04364

ME? ME as in Maine? Why'd he come all the way over here? It's not like Queens was too small for him to hide out in. Before I can question it, Nat is already talking to a stranger and asking to borrow his phone.
We found a bus station near by the address on the paper.

As we start walking there, Nat starts, "what do you think we'll find...?" I turn to her.

"Where? In Pete's apartment?"