Prologue

"(F/n), who do you like more? Your mom or your dad?" (F/n)'s preschool classmate asked while gossiping at the picnic table during lunch. 

(F/n) swung her feet, not being able to reach the ground, it was difficult getting up so the superviser had to help her and the rest of the girls (F/n) was friends with. 

"(F/n)?" A tap on her shoulder caught her attention.

"Oh… um…" (F/n) tapped her chin, thinking, "I dunno, I love both my mum and dad."

This was true, she loved her happy little family with all her heart. Her mother was always there to comfort (F/n), her hugs very warm and filled with love. And (F/n)'s dad gave the most dazzling smiles and was always there to protect her.

"I like my dad most, he takes me out for ice cream all the time." (F/n) faintly heard from one of her friends, but she didn't acknowledge it. She was thinking deeper on the thought of her family.

She was happy with how her family was, her mom was the same as always, but her dad… there were sometimes she didn't like daddy.

Like the time when her mum went to the grocery store, he brought some scary people over. She hid behind her dad as he passed what looked to be bags of sugar to the scary people and she wondered if they just didn't know where the store was. Innocently she told them that if they wanted sugar the grocery store was just a few blocks away.

The scary people had looked down at her in confusion, then back at each other and laughed. She didn't think she said anything funny and shyly hid back behind her dad, who ruffled her hair.

She saw those scary people frequently when mom was out, they never stopped being scary but soon dad was allowing them to hold (F/n) whenever they had business to discuss. Which none of it was able to be understood by her. She was sworn to secrecy by her dad, she didn't dare disobey with the insane look in his eye.

Today had been the last (F/n) saw those scary people. It was early in the morning and only her dad and her were up, they were making her mom breakfast in bed only for it to be interrupted by a hard persistent knock on the door.

Without thinking (F/n) sped to the door, opening it to see those scary people, but it was different this time. Those looks in their eyes were not something she wanted to see again.

One of them grabbed her and she screamed, alerting her father who ran to the door. From the strangers arms she saw him pale and start frantically talking. (F/n), as always, couldn't understand it, but the atmosphere was enough to make large heavy tears drop from her eyes and she cried for her daddy.

That made the man who held her tighten his grip and move aside to let another scary man pass. She hadn't seen him before, considering how big he was, she would have recognized him.

In the unrelenting male's arms she screamed and cried as she watched the big scary man beat her dad to the pulp. This woke up her mom as she saw her coming down the stairs in a hurry, gasping, "honey!"

A hand flew over her mouth as (F/n) called out to her, "mommy!"

This was when she felt the man holding her turn her away and he made his way over to a sleek black car with tinted windows. "No! No! Please, let go of her! (F/N)!" She could hear her mother beg from behind them.

(F/n) pushed at the man whose arms she was in, but he remained unbothered. Her mom must have met up with the man's pace because she could see her mother's delicate hand grasp the man's shoulder.

In an instant, (F/n) was shifted to one side as the man's arm swung out. Back handing her shocked mother, falling to the ground on her knees. She screamed out to her mother and started pushing harder away from the man. "Mommy! No!"