Chapter 2

13/01/10,
Baliya, India.

"You know it is my dream to visit England with my husband." Ravi's wife said, sitting on the decorated bed on their first night.

Ravi smiled. "I understand. But Tanvi, you know right, England is far beyond what I can afford."

"Atleast we can go to Shimla for our honeymoon, right? Please na Ravi. These are times we'll remember later."

"Yes. We'll go there, okay? But first I've to pay car loan."

"Half of the money was paid by my father." Tanvi spat.

"Yes. But other half has to be paid too right. You can wait for some time, right? Now smile, please. For me?"

Tanvi angrily went to sleep, facing her back towards him. "With whom did my father marry me." She whispered. Ravi could hear her weeping.
_______________________________________

21/09/11, Balia, India.

"Beta, it's been one and a half years. My ears are waiting to hear the good news." His mother said.

"Maa, what's so hurry. When God wants, he'll bless us with a child. It's not in our hand."

"You have never given us anything. Atleast show us faces of our grandchildren before we die." His father taunted.
_______________________________________

8/04/15
Balia, India.

"Beta, what did doctor say?" Ravi's mother asked.

"She said Tanvi is alright. She can conceive."

"Then why hasn't she gave us good news yet? It's been four years."

"Maa, it has not been too late. And also, doctor said that I should also get a check up."

"Shh...  Do You even have any idea what are you saying? Don't even think about this again. What will people say. We'll go too pahadi baba. God will soon bless us."
_______________________________________

19/07/18

"I'm telling you bhabhi, she is characterless. She ran away with her boyfriend. I knew it, she was having an affair. She cheated on my poor son. Six years, and she had given us no grandchildren. And now, she had conceived that bastards child.
Now all I want is to find a good wife for my Ravi. Please let me know if you have anybody in mind for him." Ravi's mother said to her friend.
_______________________________________

"Maa, why are you throwing dirt on her name."
Ravi asked his mother later.

"Why do you even care about that kulachhini. She has done so wrong with you."

"Maa, we both know she was as desperate for a child as all of us. Only reason she ran away is because I couldn't give her one."

"No beta, you don't know. She never wanted to conceive your child. Don't worry. I'll find you a new bride who will give you many children."