Peter

It didn't take Peter long to work out that Mr. Stark and the wizard had a complicated relationship. So far he had seen them act like allies, enemies, and friends in the space of less than an hour. Frenemies?

He shot a thread of webbing up to the ceiling far above, swung the distance to Mr. Stark and the wizard, and landed neatly in front of them.

"Hi." He extended a hand to the wizard, still getting used to the sight of the deep red and gold threaded with black that covered it. The suit had to be metal, but it felt as light and perfectly fitted as his old suit. "I don't think we've officially met. I'm Peter Parker."

"Doctor Strange."

Peter blinked. "Oh, we're using made-up names. I'm Spiderman."

Strange's hands were shaking slightly. Peter wondered whether he was ok. "What? I - no, my name is Stephen Strange, and I'm a doctor."

"You're confusing the kid," Mr. Stark told him, clapping him on the shoulder and receiving an irritated look from Strange. At the same time, his long red cloak smacked Mr. Stark's hand.

Peter's eyes widened. "Your cloak is alive?! That's so cool!"

"It's not exactly –" Strange started, only for the cloak to detach from around his shoulders. It went straight for Peter, wrapping around him and rubbing against his hand like a cat.

"Aww, you're so sweet," Peter told it, petting the crimson cloth. He looked up at the wizard. "Does it have a name?"

"It's called the Cloak of Levitation," Strange replied, but he seemed less than pleased with his outerwear.

"Glad to see your clothing is personable, Strange," Mr. Stark cut in, glancing back and forth between the affectionate cloak and the wizard frowning at it. "But we're sitting out here in the open. We need to get to wherever they control this thing from. Friday?"

"Scanning," the computerized female voice replied. "The control room appears to be on the far side of the ship, directly down the corridor to your left."

All three turned to the doors set into the bulkhead.

"There are bound to be plenty more of Thanos's disciples between us and that room," Strange said. "Do we have a plan?"

"Absolutely," Mr. Stark replied unconvincingly, already striding toward the doors. "Kid, you coming?"