•III•

I flick my wrist and my sword clashes with Nathan's. The clang of metal on metal rings through the field as Nathan blocks my hit. Suddenly his sword blade locks under the guard of mine and he shoots me a smirk. Then he twists his sword and I am forced to let go instead of dislocating my shoulder. My weapon drops to the floor and Nathan raises his to my chest. Understanding his actions, I lift my shield and knock his blade away from me. I smirk at him before pushing the shield towards Nathan. He attacks back and I block. He attacks again.  I block. I attack. He blocks. We parry like this for a minute or two. Then the Pendragon horn is blown and the echoing noise distracts me for a second. I notice Nathan is still looking around and I take my chance. I raise my shield and quickly strike him . He is shocked and gasps from the impact of the blow.

"Jess that isn't fair and you know it "

" Never get distracted in war Nath"

" Hahah funny. " He responds before lunging forward with his sword.

I swing my shield up and hit his sword out of his hand. Now we are both swordless and fighting with shields. It's really just bashing into eachother but it works.

This is usually how every rehearsal goes. Me and Nathan split off from the adults and parry for a bit and complete each task together. Being the youngest in the group allowed to take part in the everything means we are often paired together; we became friends rather quickly.