The Schooner Of Souls

I wrote this for school when I was 10 but it still got picked as top 2 stories out of 30-something kids for a competition for the whole school!

Hope yaz lyk it!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once there was a boy whom lived with his mother and father.When he was seven, his parents died in a car crash so he went to live with his ninety-one year old grandmother. She was very old and she got sick.Eventually she had to go to hospital at the age of ninety-three but she didn't survive the night.The boy was sent to an orphanage in New York.Three months later, he was adopted by Kelly and John O Yourkey.

They lived in a modern apartment on the 5th floor. They boy was unhappy.He missed his home and most of all his parents and grandmother.Then, one day, a man came and knocked on the door.The boy got up and opened the door.There was a tall man looking down at him with grin on his face.

"Hello young man" he greeted. "Are you the son of Sarah and Collin Frank?" The boy nodded.

"Follow me" said the man as he headed towards the elevator.They boy carefully shut the door and ran to the man.

"My mother and father passed away two year ago" cried the boy.The man replied, "So you think boy...so you think...."

The boy was curious.The man pressed the elevator button to last floor.The man said "I am you great uncle, William Frank."

The boy told his great uncle that it was impossible because he had been dead for six years.William laughed at his comment.The elevator door opened and they both stepped out.

"Get ready. If you are easily scared, close your eyes no matter what", whispered William to the boy.

The boy wasn't easily scared.William sped off with the boy in his arms but the boy did not scream. All the boy saw was swirls and ghost-like things. He did not listen to William. He had his eyes wide open. Next thing you know, they are both standing at a black railing and on the other side there was a deep black sea The boy did not notice that his uncle was holding a lantern.

"Wow", said the boy in amazement. The William raised his lantern.

He swung his lantern three times and slowly a schooner appeared.

"The schooner of souls" said William. The boy was amazed.

Suddenly a stone path appeared and William walked along it.The boy willingly follwed him without a word.

They got onto the schooner many minutes later. When they got inside, they boy saw many white strange things floating around him. The boy stepped back behind his uncle but his hands went through him. "We look alive outdoors", explained William. The boy had just noticed that his uncle looked like all the others around him.

"Your parents are here.Follow me", said William. The boy did not say anything.He just follwed him.Less than a minute later they stopped at a door.

The door had Sarah Elizabeth Daniels Frank and Cole Anthony Frank written on a golden template in black fancy writing.William knocked on the door and took a peep in. "He is here", said William. Then he pulled his head back out and said, "Your parents wish to see you.But I warn you, if you go in you will be stuck her forever.There is no return".

The boy began to cry.

"I don't care.I want to see mummy and daddy" screamed the boy.

He ran in the door.He fell.The boy fell so much pain in his body and mind.He died on that very spot.His soul lifted from his body and he was in a lonely room.

"I am a lost soul" said the boy, beginning to sob again.

Nobody ever saw him again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think? I wrote it when I was ten so cut me some slack bros!

Love you bros, keep cool!