Chapter Nine - Happily-Never-After

A/N oooookay,  I'm honestly aiming for atleast 1k reads when this is over... and this story has like, 6 more chapters after this one :3 so, enjoy lovelies <3

and i'm such a bad friend, i'm updating while my friend is over oh jeez, so sorry if this is really short, i might wanna make this a little longer though...

_______________

Chapter Nine -

Happily-Never-After

_______________

"B-but, we're not even romantically involved with each other," I say quietly, fiddling with my hands, and brushing them against my sweats because of the sweat starting to form on my hands from nervousness.

"So, you're telling me, that you two never snuck out in the middle of the night?" She sneers, narrowing her blazing eyes down at me, and I flinch, suddenly aware that I may get kicked out of this camp really, really soon.

"Well.. um, no?" I squeak, averting my eyes to Noah's, hoping for some kind of help. His eyes are cast downward, not meeting my eyes.

I give my full attention to the floor, staring down at the rough, green carpet. Maybe she will leave us alone if we ignore her, yeah? Hopefully.

I look up, expecting to see her still here, but she's gone and I look around the room in confusion. Where did she go?

"She had to talk to the staff," I hear Noah mumble from beside me, and he has his face in his hands, and he sighs almost every ten seconds, and it's starting to worry me.

"Sorry," I whisper, rubbing my eyes to get the tears to stay in my eyes, and make sure they will not start to come rushing out like fucking Niagra Falls or some crazy shit like that, 'cause that would be incredibly embarassing.

"It's not your fault."

"Are you sure? Becau--" I get cut off when the lights go out, and I nearly scream, but I don't. I keep my mouth shut, because if I opened it, crazy noises would be coming from me, and it would be, once again, embarassing.

"Dani? You there?"

"Yeah, I'm right here."

"Here? Oh, hi."

"Hi."

"..."

"..."

"Um, I can't see you."

"No shit, Sherlock."

"Hey, I'm a girl, Sherlock was a guy."

"So?"

"So..."

"Whatever."

"Oops, that's your knee."

"Yep."

"Oh, and that's your thigh, oops."

"Are you done touching me, Dani?"

"Um, wait, um, yeah-no, wait."

"I got you, didn't I?"

"Um, yeah."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Wait, my forehead is touching yours right?"

"Yeah, it is, Noah."

"..."

"..."

"You kissed me."