Another lonely day...

*beep, beep, beep*

My alarm sounds, sharp, piercing my tired ears and forcing my weak eyes open for another day, another day of loneliness, of sadness amd regrets. *slam* I hit the alarm, ending the annoying, repetitive sound. I'm fully awake, dreading the day ahead. Grey, a colour I'm used to feeling deep inside my chest. I start my routine, get dressed, check over school work, brush my hair and teeth, and sit. Wallowing in my own sadness. Some call it a pity party. I call it life.

*beep, beep, beep*

My watch sounds this time. Small and faint. Time to begin my short journey to hell. University, a place we all have dreaded at some point. Its my personal hell, a place where all the people that have replaced me, gather with their newfound friends. Laughing and smiling fondly.

*ring, ring, ring*

The school bell rings a horrid, loud noise, telling students classes have begun. Resisting isnt worth trying; you've already entered the doors. Math, my first class of the day. Time goes so slowly, the professor droned on and on, something about diameters, then her family vacation. All my classes are like that. I just sit in the back, mind my business and stay quiet.

*ring, ring, ring*

The final bell, YES! My favorite part of the day, leaving this personal hell. I begin my walk home, to my safe place, my sanctuary.

*drip, drop, drip*

The rain pitters and patters against the sidewalk. Rain has always been a comfort. I'm almost soaking as I reach my front door, turning my key and stepping inside. My room, straight up the stairs. I run, skipping one stair at a time, my bag bouncing against my back, the straps, dragging down my shoulders.

*creak*

I open the wood door, making sure to close it after I step inside, not even bothering to turn on the lights. This is my everyday life. Grey, alone, and full of rain.

------------------------------------------------------------
What are your thoughts on this? Anything I could do better? I'm taking all feedback on this. Thanks for the read!

-Jo