29. dobby's second visit

     HARPER FELT SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER WHEN she woke up in the hospital wing

     HARPER FELT SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER WHEN she woke up in the hospital wing. Her leg didn't hurt anymore and she blinked a couple of times, letting her eyes get used to the light. Laying beside her was Harry, who was still asleep. On her other side sat, much to her surprise, Cedric.

"Cedric?"

His grey eyes snapped up and she could see him shudder in relief. "Harper, thank Merlin, how are you? Does your leg still hurt? Because I had to call Madam Pomfrey if it did."

Harper shook her head. No, it doesn't. I'm quite fine, I think."

"Thank Merlin," Cedric said again, smiling warmly before standing back up. "I wanted to stay a little bit longer but Madam Pomfrey said I could only stay until you woke up." He stood up. "I guess I'll see you around?"

Harper nodded. "Yeah, you will." He turned around but she added, "Thanks for saving my life."

Cedric glanced over his shoulder, still smiling. "You're welcome.

• ✧ •

HARRY WOKE UP JUST BEFORE NIGHTFALL. Harper glanced over at him.

"What happened to you?"

Harry looked at his arm. "That Bludger broke my arm and then Lockhart wanted to fix it." He turned his head to look at her. "What happened to you?"

"Bludger broke my leg while trying to kill me."

Harry sighed and let his head fall back onto his pillow. "What's going on? Who's trying to kill us?"

"I don't know anyone who wants to kill me, but I have a list of people who want to kill you," Harper said. "I ain't even that special."

"You're special to me, Harp."

"Wow, that's cringe."

The two of them laughed and settled themselves for the night. Harper was about to fall asleep when she heard Harry say, "Get off! Dobby!"