{For Dinner}

We pull up to the restaurant, and Bella and I get out as Jessica and Angela are walking down the steps.

"Hey, I'm so sorry we're late," Bella says.

"Bella, where were you? We left you messages," Angela asks.

"Yeah, we waited. But, we were, like, starving," Jessica says.

"We're sorry we kept the girls from dinner," Edward says, stepping up beside Bella.

Angelia and Jessica freeze. "Oh."

"We ran into each other and got talking," Edward says with a smile.

"That's fine," Angelia says.

"Yeah, that happens, right?" Jessica says.

They walk to the end of the path and look back at us, waiting for us to join them.

"I think we should make sure they get something to eat," Edward says, then adds while looking at us. "If you'd like. I'll drive you home myself."

Bella looks at Jessica and Angelia. "We should probably eat. We'll see you at school?"

They nod and leave, giggling to themselves.

Jasper is still standing close to me, but he let his hand drop when Angela and Jessica appeared.

We get a table, but have to sit a little apart. Luckily, though, it does give us each some privacy.

I order a chicken sandwich, because I'm plain and it's probably my favourite food.

Neither Jasper nor Edward order and when Bella asks why, Edwards reply is, "We're on a special diet."

I roll my eyes and drink some of my coke. It's cold, and makes my eyes water.

"How did you find us?" I ask.

"We were passing by, and heard fighting. We didn't know it was you until we got closer," Jasper says.

"Uh huh," I say, drinking again. "So, you weren't following us?"

"Of course not," he says, the hint of a smirk on his lips.

I see Bella rise to leave, and Edward sigh heavily. I grin at him.

"Told you," I say.

But she sits back down, and resumes speaking to Edward quietly.

"Jasper, I need to speak to you," I say.

He looks at me curiously, silently telling me to continue.

I feel a little nervous, only because I don't want him to run away or disappear because he's afraid I'll tell others.

"I know," I say, holding his gaze.

His brow creases for a moment, then his face smooths out completely. I watch his reaction carefully.

He draws away from me almost imperceptibly, but I catch on and grab his hand to stop him in case he leaves.

"How did you find out?" He asks quietly, not looking me in the eye.

"I put it together. But I don't want you to worry. I don't care," I say.

"How can't you care?" He asks disbelievingly.

"Because it doesn't change who you are."

He raises his head, and the intensity of his, now back to honey, eyes makes my breath catch in my throat.

"Doesn't it?" He asks softly. "Does being a monster not change who I am?"

"No, Jasper. It does not, because you aren't a monster," I say.