Chapter 7: Date Night

"So what is the favor?" I ask, he perks his eyebrows up at me.

"Well since your doing the job, we are going on a date." He grins.

"A date?" I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I told you that I like you." He states simply. "Think of it as just going out to get to know each other better."

"Isn't that why you stormed into my apartment at six in the morning?"

"Yes but this is a private setting." He says pulling me over to him and starts to play with my hair. " I want to see you in a public setting. I want to see these bad social skills for myself."

"Why?" He leans in closer so that we are only a few inches apart.

"Because you had me hooked the moment that I laid eyes on you." I try to lean back but he holds me still. "Would you go out with me without it being a favor?"

"I probably would have because my dad always bitchin about going out, friends, he even wishes I'd get a boyfriend, he keeps going on and on about damn grandkids." He chuckles but there's something different about it, something dark. I almost caved that time. Get your shit together.

"Can I take it back and ask for something else?" Oh no, you don't.

"How about I do you another favor and you owe me?" He runs his hand down my cheek.

"Deal." He pulls me closer. "I want you to kiss me?" He whispers in my ear.

"Kiss you?" He smiles against my ear.

"Please I usually don't beg, but please."

"Hey you'll owe me after, it doesn't bother me just seems like an odd request."

"It is." He growls. Whoa.

"Ok, let's get this over with." Then he kisses me and it is the most amazing thing I have ever felt, his lips are soft but firm and warm. I feel like everything around me is melting away, no mom and all her issues, no dad, and all his attempts to spy. Just me and this beautiful stranger. I pull away before I lose my grip. He chuckles.

"I'll have to think of some more bets I know you can't resist and rig them for me to win. Favors come in handy."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," I say sarcastically.

"So you telling me you didn't like it."

"You're ok, I've had better."

"Well that settles it I'll have to win another favor from you, cuz I got better. You have a job yet?"

"Why?" I counter. 

"If you don't, don't get one."

"Why?" I ask again.

"I have a job for you. It has very good pay and I know you'll be safe."

"Since when was my safety any of your concern." He slides back over to me closing the space between us.

"Since you decided to move here."

"I don't think so bud," I say and stand up.

"Well, the problem with that is I can't leave you alone even if I want to, so we are going to have to work something out." Something dark passes through his eyes. Would it kill me to try and make a friendship work?

"What is it?"

"I run a nice little club a few blocks from here and I am in need of another server. What do you say?"

"You're not going to have me stripping are you?"

"I don't want nobody seeing your beautiful body before me and certainly not afterward, all I want you to do is serve drinks and show all those suckers what they can not have. Oh, the girls are going to be so jealous."