Rising Malevolence

Adira's POV

Since there were rumors of a Separatist weapon that was taking out our Republic cruisers, the Jedi Council instructed me and Master Plo Koon to find it, and take it out. I happened to know the Kel Dor Master around the near beginning of the Clone Wars, and had known he led the proud 104th legion, the WolfPack battalion. "The enemy ship has reduced speed, Generals." Commander Wolffe reported. "They must have realized we're tracking them." I said as I looked at Master Plo. "The fleet is holding it's position, sirs." Wolffe stated. "I think it wise to report our position before we attack." Plo assumed as I nodded in agreement. "Skywalker's fleet is nearby, in the Bith System." Wolffe informed as we walked to the communications table. "Good. Perhaps he can reinforce us." Plo replied. "From what I hear, Skywalker's always ready for a fight." Wolffe said. "So I've heard." Plo said as I activated the table, and we looked up to see the two figures of Anakin and Ahsoka. "Koh-To-Yah, Master Plo, Master Casteele." Ahsoka says in a greeting. "Koh-To-yah, little 'soka." Plo replied. "How's the hunt for the mystery weapon going?" Anakin asks as he crossed his arms. "We've tracked it to the Abregado system. We need reinforcements." I replied, giving them a firm look. "I'll have to ask the Council, Master Plo, Master Casteele. I was given strict orders to protect our sector." Anakin replied, just as communications started to flicker and become static. "Master--Plo--Casteele--Whats--Happening--" Ahsoka nearly asks before our transmissions go off. "What is wrong with our transmission?" Plo asks as he looks at Wolffe. "There's too much interference, sir. We've lost them." He replied as a thought came to me that the Separatist ship must be the reason of the loss of our transmission.

"The enemy ship is closing!" A clone warns us. "Prepare for battle." Plo instructs. I then walked up to the window to see our enemy ship, and felt a strong disturbance in the Force. Someone was on that ship, someone we knew yet I couldn't figure out who. "We're picking up a large enemy reading from the enemy ship, sirs." Wolffe said as we looked over the scanners. "Open fire." Plo directed. "We're not in range yet, sir." Wolffe replied as I looked up to see some sort of magnetic energy coming our way. "Brace for impact!" I yelled as the electricity hit our cruisers, including ours. "We're loosing all our power! They're tearing us apart!" Wolffe shouted. "Quickly, into the pods!" Plo yelled as the alarms went off, while the rest of the ship started to shut down. We then ran to the escape pods, having clones from left to right to run to the nearest pod. "We don't have much time! Get inside, hurry!" I yelled as I then hoped in one with Master Plo and Wolffe, along with two other clones I knew were Boost and Sinker. Once we evacuated from the ship, I looked behind to see the cruisers go up in flames and explosions, as the rest of the escape pods either escaped into the vast open space, or were destroyed by the floating wreckage.

**********************************************

Now that we were stranded in space, we were starting to ruin our luck. "The power grid is completely burned out. With no engine, communications, or...Or life support recharge." Wolffe said as he trailed off. "So, we'll just sit here and hold our breath?" Sinker asked. "Someone will come looking for us, right?" Boost asked as Wolffe looked at Plo and I. "Let's get the power restored, so we are here to be found." Plo stated, trying to change the subject as I looked out into open space. Boost did had a point, someone would have to find us sooner or later.

"The air in here is getting stale." Wolffe said as Boost and Sinker started to work on the wires. "Don't look at me, it's Boost, sirs. He only takes a bath when he's on leave." Sinker said as he looked up at him. "Save it! Just keep working on the pod, not your jokes." Boost snapped. "Do you think we have a chance, Generals?" Wolffe asked us. "I don't believe in chance, Commander. I know if we work together, we will stay alive and someone will find us." Plo replied. "Agreed, there's always truth in disbelief." I added with a slight nod. "With all due respect Generals, strategically it doesn't make any sense for someone to come look for us. If I was in command, I'd be hunting that weapon down." Sinker stated as he continued to work on the panel. "We value your lives more than finding that weapon." I responded, before Boost pointed to something. "Sirs, there's another pod out there!" He said as we all came to the front of the pod to see another pod, with it's back facing us. "If only we had power, we could contact them." Wolffe said as Plo and I looked at each other. "Well how about we just, wave hello when the viewport come around?" Boost asks as Plo and I use the Force to turn it around, only to feel more shocked than ever. The front of the pod was broken, and a clone's body remained inside as it floated. "They're dead!" Sinker shouted in horror. "Somebody busted that pod wide open." Wolfee stated. "We are not alone out here." I then said as we needed help quicker than ever.