OLD RIVALS

OLD RIVALS: RONMIONE

A 26 years old Hermione, apparated alone in the dark streets of Godric's Hollow. It is almost midnight; she hoped that Harry and Ginny would still be up. She didn't know what to do, she was in so much distress, she needed her brother by her side. Harry had always been there for her in times like this.

She soon arrived at the Potter's, she made her way to the door and knocked lightly. After a few minutes, Ginny opened the door, Harry, not far behind her. They were surprised to see a crying Hermione on their doorstep.

"Hermione! What are you doing here!? Come in! Don't stay outside! You must be freezing" Ginny exclaimed and ushered Hermione inside.

Once she was inside, Ginny closed the door and turned to her husband and friend.

"Here, let me take your coat," she said and gestured for Hermione to give her her coat.

Once Hermione was free of the material, Harry slipped an arm around her and led her to the living room, where they sat on the couch.

"I'm going to make some tea" Ginny announced.

While Ginny was busy in the kitchen, Harry started asking Hermione questions.

"What is going on? Why are you crying?" Harry questioned.

Hermione stayed silent, not knowing where to begin.

"Is everything alright with Ron?" He then asked.

At the sound of her husband's name, Hermione burst out into tears. Confused, Harry didn't know what to do, so he just held her, wrapping his arms around her small frame. Once she calmed down, Ginny was back with the tea. She set the tray on the coffee table and sat opposite to them.

"It has to do with my dumb brother, doesn't it?" Ginny asked.

Hermione merely nodded.

"What did he do?" Harry asked out of curiosity.

Taking a deep breath, Hermione explained everything. How she went home today and surprised Ron and Lavender in bed. The fight that occurred, them breaking things off and her apparating to Godrics Hollow.

"He cheated on you? With Lavender? I can't believe it! How could he!?" Harry said, starting to get angry while holding Hermione's hand.

"I knew he was stupid, but not that stupid! Mom is going to be so disappointed." Ginny said in a sad tone.

"That's not all, when I came home today, I was going to share exciting news... You see, I went to St Mungo's today and they confirmed, I-I'm pregnant..." Hermione sniffled, trying not to cry again. The couple gasped and Harry hugged Hermione.

All of sudden, the sound of the Floo Network was heard. Ron had flooed to the Potter House.

"Harry? Mate? Where are you?" Ron shouted.

The trio looked at each other and just as Ginny started to stand up, Ron entered the busy room.

Ron had come here to talk to Harry about what transpired with Hermione. But as soon as he saw Harry with his arms around her, jealousy and anger started to cloud his mind.

"I can't believe it! Of course, you would be here!" Ron said angrily, sending a deadly glare at Hermione.

"Ron-" Harry started but Ron cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it! What friends you two are! I knew there was always something more between the two of you! And then you dare judge me for sleeping with Lavander, you lying sla- (Slag)" This time it was Ron's turn to be cut off, but this time by a hard slap from Ginny.