In Which You Get an Epilogue

Harry turned over in bed and fumbled for his glasses.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."

Harry relaxed at Draco's voice and sunk back into the bed.

"What time is it?"

"Half four in the morning."

Harry smiled as Draco crawled under the covers with him. His feet were cold and they sent pricks of ice up Harry's legs.

"Budge up, I've barely any space."

"Can't. Barkley is on my other side."

Draco let out a defeated sigh and Harry pulled him on top of him and pressed a kiss to the back of his neck.

"Mmm Saturday," he breathed.

Draco snorted. Ever since he'd taken the job in America, weekends had been their time. After his check-in with Burnes at nine his time, he'd use the Hogwarts International Floo to get to Harry.

"Go to sleep, Potter."

Harry shook his head.

"No. Missed you. Want to-" he broke off in a yawn- "talk."

"We can talk tomorrow."

"We have stuff to do tomorrow. We promised Ron and Mione we'd watch the kids for their date night."

"We can talk while we watch the kids."

"No, Hugo's-" Harry yawned again, "he's walking now and we'll spend the entire day chasing them around."

Draco sighed and reached over to scratch Barkley's ears.

"We'll find time. I'll recount my whole week. If not tomorrow then Sunday."

"We're visiting your mum."

"For tea, I'm sure we'll manage a free moment."

Harry had better ideas about what to do with free moments but he wasn't going to bring them up now. Plus, he and Narcissa always managed to take up more time than planned. Usually, it was because they'd take a walk to Andromeda's grave together, sometimes they just sat and talked.

"I should quit my job."

Draco laughed and flipped over so he was facing Harry then scooted down so he could lie with his head on his chest.

"Bollocks. You love it here."

He had a point. Harry loved finally feeling like he was at home. He loved teaching kids like the now fifth-year girl he'd learned was called Sam and the boy Brian who'd cast the dragonfly. He loved watching new kids learn and grow and teach each other. His life was finally where he wanted it to be.

It had taken therapy, long conversations with Draco, lots of convincing with McGonagall, and finding a support structure with his friends, but he was getting better every day.

Neville taught at the school too, and they'd finally reconnected. He and Luna were a package deal now, and Harry found it really nice.

Teddy was getting ready to graduate and everything felt like it was changing but for once he wasn't scared or holding onto the past.

He and Draco joked about maybe adopting another kid. Harry'd always secretly wanted a daughter.

They said they'd name her Andromeda and call her Andy for short.

The night stretched out before them and outside of the castle it was cold, but inside was warm and quiet and Harry managed to sleep peacefully.

That was another thing that'd changed.

Falling asleep wasn't so hard when you did it next to the person you loved.

~The End~