Chapter 3: Through the ages

Maddys POV+++2 years later (7 years old)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Damoooooooon" I whined down the hall, "Steffy's frowning to much, he's gonna get frown lines and turn into a grandpa"

Damon peeked out from around the corner of his room, his hair was wild and he had a grin on his face, "I know right? Hear that Steffy, Maddy agrees with me. Smile more, who knows somebody could be falling in looooooove with that smile", his grin had transformed to his signature smirk.

Stefan only rolled his eyes, but I caught a hint of a smile. "Hey Damon, what do you think about teaching Mad some Football?"

"YES" Damon and I chorus loudly.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Maddy's POV+++ 2 years later (9 years old)

Damon smirked "Happy 9th Birthday Maddison Michaelson Salvatore"

This caused me to roll my eyes and Stefan to laugh. They both know it annoys me when they use my full name.

"Hey Steph, remember when Maddy was 8 and tripped over the stairs and broke her arm?" Damon laughed.

I groaned, this was a tradition now, on my birthday both my adoptive brothers would recount all of the funny and embarrassing moments in my life with them so far. Once it started I knew it wasn't going to stop for awhile.

"And when she was sleepwalking and started dancing in the basement"

"When she was 6 and she fell asleep at the table"

"She had spaghetti in her hair for two days!" this caused both Salvatore brothers to bust out laughing and holding there sides. While this was most embarrassing, it did prove for a good distraction.

Smirking, I silently made my way over to Damon's liquor supply. As quietly as I could I poured myself some his prized Bourbon. Just a little. Just a taste.

Damon's POV

As my laughs subsided, I glanced around, where had the birthday girl snuck of to now? I finally spotted her across the room.

Crap. Crap. Crap. She had the Bourbon. As fast as I was, she had already downed the thing. I snatched the alcohol from her hands, steadying her as she wobbled.

"Whoa" she mumbled.

"What were you thinking Madison? No don't answer that, you weren't thinking at all were you?" Asked Stefan, he was standing over both of us with a worried expression.

"Nope"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maddy's POV+++ 1 year later(10 years old)

"Heads up" shouted Damon from across the living room.

The football flew past me,shattering a vase. Damon and I flinched in union. "Oops" Damon whispered and I giggled. The only reason we were playing in the house was because Stephen said we couldn't play outside because it was raining and we would track mud into the house. And the fact that I could catch a cold, but that was stupid because I can't get sick. Ya know being part hybrid and all.

I was about to go and inspect the damage when there was a loud knock on the door. I stiffened, casting Damon a curious look which he returned. In the five years I had grown up here, nobody had ever came to the house. Ever. Guess we were kind of out in the middle of nowhere.

I ran to the door but Stefan but was already there. "Maddy, go upstairs"

I crossed my arms.

"Go, now"

"Bu-"

"Maddison Michaelson Salvatore, go upstairs now, this could be dangerous" he used my full name so I could tell he was serious.

Sighing, I walked away, but instead of going upstairs I sat on the first set of stairs li signing in to the front door whit my super hybrid hearing.

(Bold Damon, italics Stefan, underlined unidentified)

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh come on Damon, I can't stop by on my bestie and my brother every once in a while,and I didn't think either of you would be here anyway,I thought you hated Stefan,Damon what happened?"

"I guess we've sort of found something we both loved and called a truce over Lexie"

"Someone actually"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah," I said stepping out,"Damon, Stefan I thought you had more manners that that, leaving a girl to stand out there in the rain," I smiled " come in Lexi".

The woman laughed, stepping in as I skipped over. I stuck my hand out,"My name is Maddison Michaelson Salvatore, and it's a pleasure to meet you" This caused Lexi to laugh again.

Stefan frowned," I thought I told you to go and wait upstairs"

I smirked, something I had inherited from my oldest brother,"And whatcha gona do about it Steffy? Frown me to death?" This was followed by laughter from all of us.

"So you are there...?" asked Lexi.

"Sister" I informed her, leading us around the broken vase, to the living room by the fireplace. "Well, adoptive sister,by sister non the less"

"And their raising you, by themselves?" she asked, sounding baffled.

I shrugged "yeah"

"Well," Lexi smiled "every girl needs a woman in her life, I think I'll be staying a little longer than I planned"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++ So yeah, tell me what you guys thought, I really hope you like this, again tips would be really helpful and welcome!!!

-Katy Blaze