Chapter 2

"What should I do?" Alex was walking back and forth in her room. After school her and Lanie went to her house. "I don't think he even notices me!" She sat on her bed next to Lainie waiting for her response.

"You should get his attention some way..." Her best friend said while thinking. "We could go to a party where he's going to, or invite him to some of our parties?"

"That could work." Alexandra replied thinking about Lanie's idea. But he still wouldn't notice her with a crowd of teens around.

"You are known in school. I'm sure he knows you name." Her friend giggled.

"I hope so." Alex replied, actually hoping that Jack at least knows her name.

----

Nick was laying in his bed thinking about everything that had happened to him today. It was only the first day of school and he was developing a crush on one of the 'popular' girls. Great - he thought.

He knew what would be the boys' reaction if he told them that he's crushing on Alexandra Hudson. That would probably be the number one most interesting topic for the next few months and the boys would make fun of him. That's why he kept this a secret to himself. At least for now.

"Nick why are you laying on the bed doing nothing?" Aaron, his younger brother, interrupted him. Unfortunately he shares a bedroom with his younger nine-year-old brother.

"Why not?" The bigger boy simply replied. Nick wasn't in the mood for talking to anyone, especially his younger brother who understood nothing about teenagers and what they go through.

"Dinner is ready. Mom wanted me to call you." Aaron said while staring at his big brother waiting for him to get off the bed.

Nick got up and went downstairs, followed by Aaron. All of his other siblings were there - Angel, Aaron's twin sister; Bobbie Jean, who preferred to be called BJ, was two years younger than him; and Leslie, she was one year older than Aaron and Angel. His dad was working, as always and was always back home at a late hour. Nick sat on the table and started eating what his mother had prepared.

-

Alex went downstairs for dinner. Lanie had left about an hour ago. Alexandra sat on the table where her little eight-year-old sister and seventeen-year-old brother were sitting. Her dad was in another state working, as always. She didn't get to see him much, only durning the weekends.

"So how was the first day of school?" Their mom asked them. Alex and her brother Teddy looked at her with a 'really?' kind of look. Only Maya who was a lot younger than them started talking.

"It was awesome! There is a new girl in our class. Her name is Rosie." Alex rolled her eyes and so did Teddy. As teenagers they understood each other and had a very good relationship. To be honest, Alex trusted Teddy more than she trusted her parents.

Alexandra felt lucky, because her brother was friends with Jack and Teddy could introduce her to him or at least talk about her. At the same time, she didn't want to tell Teddy that she had a crush on Jack. He would start laughing at her and teasing her, well what every sibling does.

After dinner she went back to her room and turned on the small TV she had in there. Alex switched the channels to MTV and "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson had started playing. She opened her cupboard where she kept the school's year books and dug out the one from last year. Alex flipped the pages through and found Jack's picture and automatically felt millions of butterflies forming in her stomach. Right next to his photo was the picture of Nick Carter, who also played on the school's basketball team. Even though Nick wasn't as known as Jack, both of them got along pretty well. There were never any arguments in between them, sometimes they even hung out. Little did Nick know that Jack Harrington had become his crush's crush.

There was another passion that Nick and Jack shared - singing. Jack Harrington had his own band in school alongside his friends. All of the girls would go crazy for them. I mean, they sang live, played the guitars and the piano...

Nick, even if he wanted to, was too shy to show off his singing in front of the school. Nobody really heard him sing, and everybody thought that the only thing that he could do well is play basketball.