Chapter Five: The body

"His name was Dante from Black Skull." One male started as he looked down at the motionless body on the ground. "T-Rex is going to want blood money."

"Does anyone else know yet?" A second asked as he rested his hand on the back of his neck where a tattoo of wings was exposed.

"Soek-Jin." The first male replied as he knelt down closer to the corpse to get a better look. "He said we have an hour before the Cops find out."

Namjoon pressed his fingers with more pressure against his wings tattoo. His eyes were fixated on the dead body in front of him.

"A while back I saw some Fx members hanging about. It seems all too coincidental that we find a rival member dead not so long after." The first male added before he rose up from the ground his hands still stuffed in his pocket not to contaminate the scene.

"Yoongi, call V."

**

"Kim Taehyung, you are under arrest for the murder of Dante Morgan." The police officer announced as he pulled out his handcuffs. "You have the right to remain silent, everything you say and do will be used against you in the court of Law."

"This must be some kind of mistake..." Yoona interrupted as she observed the whole situation play out.

Taheyung silently stood up from his chair and complied with the officers who placed the handcuffs on him. He avoided eye contact with Yoona who watched perplexed unable to make sense of any of it. As Taehyung was leaving Yoona noticed him nod his head at one of the officers. The whole gesture seemed rather odd but so did the whole scene.

"Mr Kim can't be arrested, I don't believe he could have... well I don't think he could have..." Yoona tried to inform the police officers but the words wouldn't come out.

She couldn't even convince herself that Taehyung wasn't a murderer. At that moment it really hit her that she didn't know anyone around her. It wasn't like back home, in England where she had grown up with everyone. She knew the neighbours, the shop owners and everybody. She had grown up in the tightknit countryside.

**

Taehyung sat in the interrogation room alone staring down at the empty table top. He recalled the conversation he had with Namjoon hours earlier.

"What Dante's dead?" Taehyung questioned shocked with the news. "But-"

"They're going to come for you. So listen to me carefully." Namjoon instructed him his voice low. "You need to let the Cops arrest you. Comply with everything. And when they put you behind bars stay there DON'T call your lawyer to get you out."

"But why? I'm not even guilty-" Taehyung tried to protest but he should have remembered Namjoon was always ten steps ahead.

"T-Rex won't care if you're guilty or not. If you're behind bars Black Skull won't be able to get you." Namjoon clarified to Taehyung. "In the meantime I will meet with T-Rex and get all this shit sorted."

Taehyung let out a sigh still staring down at the empty table in front of him. It was only a matter of time before he saw the inside of a prison cell. He had been part of the gang Wings since he was fifteen years old. Suddenly, the door creaked open and in walked a tall lean man with broad shoulders.

"Mr Kim, someone must be watching over you..." The male started as he pulled out a silver key from his pocket. "The Judge has granted your bail."

Taehyung's head snapped in the direction of the police officer, his eyes were locked on him. Taehyung furred his eyebrows together questioningly. The officer moved closer and began to unlock Taehyung's handcuffs and before he moved back he slipped a small white note into his hands. Without another word Taehyung stood up and clenched his fist tightly to keep the note safe.

"Thank you Officer Seok-Jin, I hope the rest of your day is good." Taehyung said to the officer who gave him a small nod.   

______________________________

Thank you for reading - all comments are appreciated! If you enjoyed this chapter please remember to vote