Chapter 5

Ciara watched as the others were getting ready to search for Chris. By packing flashlights, weapons, etc.

She glanced back over to where Dusty was laying on the couch. He had not moved an inch since Ethan and Drake got him to the couch. In fact, he had not even regained consciousness since then.

"Shouldnt somebody stay behind with Dusty?"

Drake nodded in agreement. "Yes, I nominate you.".

Ciara stared at him like he was crazy, then crossed her arms. "No way! I need to be with you! I need to fight with you!" She cleared her throat in embarrassment. "I mean with all of you."

Violet raised an eyebrow at her. "Is that so?" She zipped her bag, heading towards the door.

Drake glanced back at her. "No, Ciara. I need you here.. I need to know your safe."

Ciara opened her mouth to respond, then closed it again. Was that genuine concern in his voice? Before she could think about it any longer, he closed the distance between them and pulled her into a light kiss. "Al.. alright.. but just stay safe.." she breathed softly.

Drake smiled. "Always." He went towards where Ethan and Violet was waiting.

Ciara watched them leave and sighed. "Be careful," she whispered to herself, then glanced back over at Dusty.

***><***

Violet followed behind Drake, but in front of Ethan. She was glancing around, part nervous and part excited. She reached into her bag for her flashlight, then turned it on and shined it around. 

Ethan had also turned his flashlight on, not wanting to run into trouble. He glanced around, shining his light into even the darkest holes so no one would surprise him if and when they decided to jump out. 

Leaves crinkled in the darkest parts in front of them, which caused Drake to pause. "Holly?" He asked hopeful, staring into the shadows. He eased a knife and gun into the pocket in his jacket without anyone seeing. "Holly.. if that's you, please come out so we can talk." He tossed his bag into the shadows. "See? No weapons."

There was a chuckle from the darkness. "Now you two too."

Ethan and Violet exchanged a glance, then tossed their weapon bags into the shadows too. "There. Done!"

The figure crept out of hiding, it was Holly; only she didn't look like herself. She had dark circles under her eyes, her once tanned skin was now pale, and her hair had dust and twigs in it. "What do you three want?" She asked in a whispered hiss.

Drake took a hesitant step forward when it was clear that the others didn't want to say anything. "We came for Chris." He answered, trying to keep his voice steady. "Where is he?"

Holly smirked. "Straight to the point, I like that about you, Drake." She glanced around the darkness, then turned her gaze back on him. "All you need to know is that he's okay.. for now.." She crossed her arms. "So let's get down to business."

Drake gave a slight nod at Ethan and Violet, then glanced back at Holly. "What business?" 

Holly took a step towards him, not noticing that Ethan and Violet had slipped off. She put a finger to her chin as if thinking. "Join me. I will let Chris go if you do." She smiled.

Drake acted as if he was thinking about her offer. "How do I know you'll keep your word?"

Holly's smile widened. "Excellent question. You dont. Agree with me and you have my word."

Drake glanced past her to where Violet gave him a thumbs up sign, then back at Holly.

Holly crossed her arms. "Well?"

He smirked. "Sorry sweetheart, I'm already spoken for."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "Then I guess you wont be seeing your friend again."

"You mean," he signaled behind her. "That friend?"

Holly followed his gaze to where Chris was standing between Violet and Ethan. "Dang it!" She hissed.

Drake walked over to join his friends, then glanced back at her.

She was just glaring at him. "Think your going to leave? Think again!" She snapped her fingers as other people about their age, circled them. "I need two of you to go to room 62 and bring me Ciara and Dusty."

***><***
Ciara glanced at her watch.  "Have they not found him yet?" She bit her lower lip.

Dusty had regained consciousness about 10 minutes ago, and he was still laying on the couch, staring up at the ceiling.

Ciara started to say something to him when there was a loud banging on the door. She took a deep breath, then walked over and pulled it open. Two people.. or creatures.. were standing there looking as if they were in a trance. "Hello..? Who are you..?"

One of the people grabbed her wrist and twisted it behind her back. "You two are coming with us.." it said in a whispery hiss.

The other one jerked Dusty up from the couch.

Ciara caught his confused gaze as she was the first one shoved out of the room.

***><***
Drake glared at her. "What is it that you want from us?"

Holly smiled, then walked over to him. "What do I want? To finish our game. Nobody-" she nodded over towards Chris. "Except him, came looking for me! And he left me to bleed to death!"

Chris opened his mouth to defend himself, but couldnt say anything. Holly was right.. he did leave her. "I'm so sorry.." he murmured softly.

She turned her gaze to him. "Sorry for what?" She asked, walking away from Drake and over towards Chris. "Say it!" She hissed, then leaned over like she was going to kiss him. "Does the group know everything about that night?" She whispered in his ear.

Violet glanced at him. "Know what? What else happened except you leaving our friend to die?!"

Holly smiled, then reached over and slid her cold finger down the side of his face. "Not going to tell them? Afraid they will hate you for this?" Her smile faded. "Before we officially start the game, tell them the truth."

Chris swallowed nervously, but kept his gaze on the ground. "I.. It was my fault.."

Holly's smile grew wider. "Go ahead and tell them the rest."

He glanced around uncomfortably. "I.. I.."

She crossed her arms impatiently. "Well?"

Violet exchanged a glance with Drake, Ethan walked over to stand face to face with him. "What is she talking about? Did you have a hand in hurting Holly?" Before Chris could answer that, Ethan punched him. "How could you? Violet was right about you."

Then the two creature people came back, one of them pushed Ciara towards the others, while the second did the same to Dusty.

Holly rubbed her hands together. "Now the game can begin!"

***><***
Next on Truth or dare: Everybody is learning the secret of what happened to Holly, but was Chris partly responsible? Or is Holly trying to stir up trouble for her 'friends'?