Chapter 8 - Netherlands

3rd Person POV

Y/n woke up in a jail cell, looking around and seeing a few men in there with her. She looked over towards a boy, Peter. She got up quickly, wincing as she felt her leg ache. She looked down and felt around her leg through her jeans, feeling a large bruise on her thigh. She limped over to the seat where Peter was sleeping, sitting beside him slowly to avoid the pain in her leg.

She placed her right arm around his shoulder, pulling him carefully close to her for his head to lean against her shoulder. She placed her other hand over his cheek, gently brushing her thumb over his soft skin. She pressed a gentle kiss against his hair, keeping him in the warm embrace. She wanted to keep him safe, especially from Beck.

He was a teenage boy, and she was a goddess who was over a thousand years old. She's been through hell throughout her entire life, yet she never had a weakness until now. She never wanted Loki or their sons to get hurt, but she knew that they would do okay without her, and they did for a while, until they were murdered. But Peter, well Peter was a different story.

He was just a kid. He had the biggest heart anyone could ever have and he was such a softie. He never got a break from fighting criminals, even if he tried his hardest to have a day to relax. He was kind, loyal, funny, adorable, and here he was; sleeping peacefully in her arms after getting hit by a train.

Of course, it didn't hurt Y/n that much. Gods and Goddesses that live on Asgard heal quicker than any mortal being. Her bruise would be gone within a few hours instead of a few weeks.

Sometimes, Y/n doesn't think she's right for Peter. They age difference is something she thinks about daily, which technically in human years she'd be the same age as him and she looked young. Peter never really killed anyone, but Y/n used to go into battle alongside the Asgardians, killing whoever was in her way. Peter was innocent in many ways, but she had lost her innocence long ago. Peter was mortal and she was immortal. She dreaded the day she would have to say goodbye, and it was the biggest reason that she was worried about their relationship.

Y/n closed her eyes and laid her head against the top of his, drifting off into a light sleep. She kept her guard up, mainly because she had to now. If she didn't, she was scared that Peter would die because of her. And if he died, then she wouldn't be able to live with herself.

———

Peter started to stir around in his sleep, causing Y/n to quickly wake up, glancing over at him as his eyebrows started to furrow. She kissed the top of his head, rubbing his arm to calm him down, but only making him wake up.

Peter jumped once he felt someone holding him, but calmed down once he heard her whisper with her soothing Asgardian accent, "Shh. I've got you, it's okay Peter"

He buried his head into the crook of her neck, wrapping his arms around her waist and started to tear up. She rubbed his back gently up and down, repeating this pattern over and over again. She felt warm droplets of water against her skin, pulling his head away from her neck to see tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Peter", She frowned at his appearance, bringing her hands up to his cheeks to wipe away his tears, "It's okay, I'm here"

"I know", He sniffled, gently rubbing his nose with the back of hand, "It's just– you were gone for so long and I was super worried. I tried to look for you, but Beck told me you'd turn up sooner or later and I shouldn't of trusted him. I should've trusted you instead, at the beginning"