1~Riverdale Homecoming

"Forsythe Pendleton Jones." I smiled. There stood the tall, browned haired boy I once called my bestfriend.

"Rose Lilly Blade. What's a sweetheart like you doing under here with us 'thugs'?" Forsythe leaned against the bleachers of the football field; biting his bottom lip.

I walked past him and sat on the picnic table beside him. "Well, I figured I would see what my big bad junior serpent was up too." I rested my head on my hand.

         He smiled and then sat down across from me. He hasn't changed from the last time I saw him. Fp and I used to see each other everyday. He used to pick me up and drive me to school. Now we barely talk.

          We sat in silence for a couple of minutes; listening to the sound of the crowd and the cheerleaders.

"I've missed you Rosie." Rosie. His nickname for me. No one else was allowed to call me that, it was only for him. He looked up at me and snickered.

"You haven't called me that in months.." I looked down; remembering what separated us 7 months ago. Forsythe lifted my chin with his finger and thumb.

"I never meant us to end up like this." His touch burned my face. His blood was boiling.

"Fp..." I mumbled, I didn't want him upset right now. "Can we not talk about this right now?" I gave him a slight smile.

"Come on, lets go." He grabbed my hand and led me to his motorcycle. The gang made calls and cheered on Fp as I hopped on the back, slipping on his helmet.

"Hold on Rosie." Forsythe pulled my hands tighter around his waist. Then took off into the darkness of the night.

         I felt his chest rise and fall as he took deep breaths. I felt the cold leather on my chest. I felt the tears stream down my face and then the wind blowing them away. I had missed Fp so much. The night he left me on the street, I cried and cried until sunrise.

March 13th ~ 7 Months Ago.

         The Ghoolies were raiding the Whyte Wyrm and I just so happened to be hanging outside with Fp. That's when it went down.

        "Rosie go; You can't be here!" Fp yelled, running towards the Whyte Wyrm. "Leave!"

         I ran towards the woods when a ghoolie grabbed my arm and yanked me back. "Forsythe!" I screamed, kicking, trying to get lose. I watched him turn around when he saw me crying; his face looked blank and his blood boiled. The ghoolie pulled out his blade and ran it across my face. I winced as the cold blade cut my cheek.

       "Rosie!" Fp ran up to us and pulled out his blade. "Let her go Rane."

        "Oh isn't this your sweetheart?" Rane, the leader of the ghoolies, smiled and kissed my cheek.

      I stared at Fp and cried. "Help me please."

       "Rane, She hasn't done anything! Let her go and take me on." Forsythe lifted up his arms and scoffed.

        "I know, but I should just take her as my prize. She's a pretty little thing, isn't she?" Rane grabbed my face and forced me to look at him.

        "You motherfucker." Fp pushed me to the ground and grabbed Rane by the neck. Rane forced his blade into Fp's arm; making him yell. Forsythe took his blade and slowly pushed it into Rane's stomach.

          "Don't ever fucking touch her again! Do you hear me?!" Fp yelled, spitting into Rane's face. He pushed the blade in more and more

          "Forsythe!" I cried. I was tired of seeing him hurting people.

           He turned towards me and dropped Rane. The expression changed on his face as his blade hit the concrete. Rane ran of into the woods across the tracks. I ran my hand along my cheek; seeing the crimson on my fingertips. Fp picked me up and started to carry me bridle style home. I buried my head into his chest.

            "I'm so sorry Rosie." Fp looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

             "It's not your fault Jonesie." I gave him a slight smile.

             "I can't stand to see you cry. When he grabbed you.. I-I" He stuttered and the veins popped into sight on his neck. "I wanted to rip his tongue threw this teeth. I have to protect you Rose Lilly." A tear came from his right eye. I wiped it away and kissed his cheek.

             "You take good care of me already Fp..I couldn't feel anymore safe then when I'm with you." I buried my head back into his chest.

             By the time we arrived at my house; I had fallen asleep. Fp took me into my room and laid me on my bed. I woke up and pulled him down to sit on the edge of my bed.

            "I can't be around you anymore Rosie.." Forsythe put his head in his hands. My heart broke when I heard the words flow out of his mouth.

             "What do you mean?" I sat up and turned to him.

             "This is the only way I can protect you. You can't be involved with me." Then he got up, and walked out of my house.

To Be Continued...