Long Time, No See

It's summer time, and I've just graduated high school. I'm soon to leave California and fly overseas with my father and his band to play some festivals considering it's, well you guessed it, festival season.

"Ash!!"
"What?!"
I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and then a small knock on my door.
"Are you packed and ready for tomorrow?"
"Yeah..."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing.."
"Really now?"
"Mhm"
"C'mon... what's wrong... I hate to see you sad, you know that.."
"It's nothing really... I'm just sad that I'm not gonna see Brandon and Stormy for a while.."

Brandon and Stormy are my best friends. They're also the only friends I've ever made at school.

"I know sweetheart, but hey, when we're done with all the festivals we're coming back home and then you'll get to see them.... and if their parents are okay with it, then maybe I will allow them to come on tour with us for a while. How's that sound?"
"Good"
"Good" he said as he wiped the tear that slowly started to trickle down my face.
"Alright, now get one sleep because we're getting up early tomorrow"
"Okay"
"Goodnight, see you tomorrow, love you"
"Goodnight, love you too"
And with that my dad walked out of my room turning off the light and closing the door.

Usually people don't expect my dad to be as normal as he is, well I mean in a father sense. Personally he's quite strange, but that's okay. Nobody's perfect and he luckily taught me never to expect better from anyone.

With that last thought. I set an alarm and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My door flung open revealing Brandon and Stormy. Realizing my alarm had 30 minutes before going off I instantly shouted "What the fuck guys?! You couldn't have waited another 30 minutes before ramming my door down?!"
S- "Sorry girly we just wanted to see you before you left"
B- "Yeah and blame your dad... he open the door and pointed us this way"
"Whatever I'll sleep on the plane. Have you guys eaten yet?"
B- "Nah"
S- "Nope"
"Join me?"
"Sure" they said in unison
"Great let me go ask my dad if he's be cool with us going out to eat"

I ran down stairs almost running into every object in front of me. And stopped right in front of my father.

"Hey dad, can us three go out to eat before we leave? Please??"
"I don't care just be back before 11:00 cause that's when we leave to the airport"
"Awesome thanks" I said quickly, flashing my biggest smile and turned running in the opposite direction I came
"You're getting dressed first..?? Right?? Haha"
"That's what I'm going to do" I said chuckling
"Oh... okay.. well tell Brandon to come down here while you get ready or I'll go up there and kick his ass"
"Dad! He doesn't care thou-"
"I care! Please and thank you"
"What a dad move"

As I entered my room I went to my closet and said "Hey Bran, my dad said go downstairs while I get ready or he'll kick your ass"
"Why?"
"Cause you're a BOY"
"Oh... goddamnit, whatever" and with that he left

Stormy came over to where I was and asked "What are you gonna wear?"
"I don't know. Something comfortable cause I'm gonna be flying today"
"Hm.. oh! What about this?"
She pulled out a black and white striped fitted shirt with the word 'ANXIOUS' on it. Which was quite typical cause I love plain shirts with simple, yet effective words on them.
"And just wear your black skinny jeans and converse with it."
"Okay" I always trust Storm's judgement considering she, like myself, is quite blunt.
Once I was done changing I looked at her
"Yeah?"
She smiled and replied with a simple "Yeah"
"Cool" I replied back with the same smile
I then went and did all my bathroom stuff like brushing my teeth and doing my hair and packed everything I would need for the flight from there. Once I was done with that I walked down stairs to find Storm and Brandon waiting for me.
"Ready?"
"Yup"
"Let's go"
We went to IHOP and on our way back to my house we stopped at a convenient store so I could buy cigarettes and some gum before the flight.

Once Brandon pulled up to my house him and Storm walked me to the door and both embraced me in a big hug.
Stormy broke the silence by saying "Call us when you can"
"I will" I replied with a half smile
"See you guys later" I waved and went through the front door and was met with my dad
"Ready?"
"Yup"
"Good cause we're leaving in... 5 minutes"
"Okay"
As I walked up to my room to get my belongings I decided that I was going to have a good time. I mean, who knows maybe I'll see some old friends. I'd just have to make the best of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~At The Airport~~~~~~~~~~
We were already sitting at our gate, but luckily we only had 10 minutes before boarding. And that's when I heard it-
"Hey cute stuff!"
I instantly recognized the accent and deep voice
"Ville?!" I said back, not holding back the excitement in my voice
"Not the only one, but your favorite one!.... hopefully haha" He replied embracing me in a crushing hug
"Hey Marilyn" he said as he gave my dad a hug
"Hey how are you?" My dad said starting up a conversation with Ville. They continued talking until they started boarding when Ville asked my dad if he could sit next to me on the plane and my dad saying that it was fine. Me and Ville boarded the plane together. As I sat down next to I asked "why are you in LA?" He replied with a simple "oh yknow... band stuff"
"Oh... is HIM going to be playing the same festival as my dad?"
"Oh darling... half of the line up is playing pretty much all the same festivals throughout Europe.. we're basically going to be on a tour with each other" he said laughing
"Wait really?"
"Yeah, do you know anybody playing yet?"
"No"
"Oh well I know a band that's playing that you'll be extremely excited about" he said with a wink
"Who? Haha"
"I don't know if I should tell you or not"
"That's not fair! Come on... spill... your big mouth won't be able to contain it through the whole flight anyways" I said slyly
"Oh fine.... Placebo's going to be there"
And with that we took off and so did my heart.