Mirrors

In her mind she felt chained in a cold, dark, small room, all alone with no way to escape. She was played with like a puppet on strings, bound by the master's will. Though the strings have been cut, she unable to move forward. Chains, those stupid chains. Up until today she is still being restrained and tortured by those stupid chains.

Locked up by the chains of her past.

All those years ago, after the first time it happened, the most confusing thing occurred.

He looked in the mirror and didn't recognize what was staring back at him. Every year after something in the mirror changed. What he sees now isn't the same guy from before everything happened. Nor is it who he really is. What he sees is what took years to create, after the incidents.

His reflection, something he loves and hates. What his eyes see is irrelevant to him, but it's the only thing that shares his mindset and everything he's been through. Its inanimate and it's something he controls. He turned to it every single day. It's something that was always there, something he overlooked.

His reflection shows him the vessel of who he is. It showed his progressive and ultimate damage he intentionally created. He manipulated himself. He physically and mentally destroyed himself. Its not something he intended from the very beginning, but things don't always go as how planned.

Everything confused him. He eventually put an end to his changes, let the result be as it will. He gave up long ago and simply stopped caring. All that was left was questions.

There's a constant clash between his thoughts on his reflection and his shadow. In his mind a shadow is a dark figure that only appears and follows him when life is light.

His shadow is so dark and empty he can only see it as a reminder of bad times he's stuck with. His reflection is something he created but is unable to completely understand. Everytime he sees it a bunch of questions of himself come to mind. None of which he can answer.

Though it makes no sense, he is a reflection. A reflection of who he used to be and what he is now.

He reflects upon himself.

Unrealistically speaking, a mirror is his main holder. Life broke it, but he himself is fragmented. His past made him lose track of the placement of the mirror. It means not only broken and fragmented, but he's also lost.

But when she looked in that mirror she couldn't help but to notice the chains yet again. They imprisoned her. No better then a cell. Restrainment.

Her only lullaby at night being her memories. From when she was a puppet. When someone else controlled her.

Her strings.

She found a way to cut them. She thought that would free her.

But just because you stopped your past from being your present doesn't mean it never happened.

That is what her chains represent.

When your past still has power over you. But this time she is the one letting it control her. She caged herself.

Locking everything else away by locking herself away. Alone in a room with chains she created to protect her, even though they hurt her.

Protection is pain. Ignorance is a punishment. Depression is a truth.

This is him. It's how his mind works. It's his life now. He hides himself.