fifty eight

PHOEBE'S POV

i wake up from screaming downstairs. i groan a bit and look next to me.

it looks like someone lied there, but there's no one in the bed or even in the room.

i close my eyes and remember i had asked zach to sleep with me tonight.

i sit up and feel the headache coming up. i see a glass of water and a paracetamol. i take the pill and wash it off with water.

i put my hair in a messy bun and pick up my jeans from the ground. i put them on and switch zach's shirt to the top i wore yesterday.

i walk downstairs. the screams are getting louder and clearer.

"can you please be a little quieter? I have a hangover." i say when i step into the living room.

all heads turn around to look at me. "i know i look like shit, stop staring." i tell them.

zach wants to say something until a girls interrupts him. kay fucking cook.

"you bitch." she says. i frown and look at her. "what did i do this time?" i say rolling with my eyes.

"you slept in the same bed as my fucking boyfriend." she yells.

"wait what?" i say confused. i look at zach for answers. "you are in a relationship?" i ask him.

zach wants to say something, but kay interrupts him. "yes, we are."

i look at zach in disbelief. "why didn't you tell me? what the fuck." i sigh.

zach opens his mouth to say something but i tell him to shut his mouth.

"maybe you should show him the picture, phoebe." jack says when he walks towards me. "i don't know."

"what picture?" zach asks. kay looks at me unbothered. the other boys and girls are looking at me as confused as zach.

i take my phone out of my back pocket and open my camera roll. i click at the picture and hand my phone to zach. i see him reading the conversation.

"it's a conversation between grayson and her." i tell him.

kay her eyes grow wide when she hears grayson his name and tries to snatch the phone.

"i can't believe you kay." he says angrily. "you really just wanted me for yourself, didn't you?"

she looks at him with puppy eyes. "zachy, you don't really believe her, right?" she asks.

"actually i do, she would never make this up. i'm so dumb to believe you over her. you're a snake kay cook." he yells.

"oh and also, stop telling everyone we're together cuz we're not! you never let me talk and have my own opinion, you're fucking annoying." he continues.

jonah walks towards him and lays his hands on his shoulder. "okay enough zach, she knows she's wrong. you should calm down now."

"i'm not calming down until she leaves our fucking house." he says as he fists his hands.

i see daniel pushing her out of the house and closing the door.

i sit down and lay my head in my hands. "phoebe?" he asks. "can we talk?" i sigh. "i don't know if i want to talk to you now zach, sorry." i say.

"what? why not?" he asks.

"cuz i told you not to crawl back to me when you realized that she's a snake." i sigh. "but you're doing it now."

everyone is staring at me and zach. "i know, but i love you. i never stopped loving you. i don't know what she did, but i was under her spell all the time phee."

he knows what he's doing by using his nickname for me.

"i don't want to talk to you right now, we'll talk about it later."

"can someone please drive me home?" i ask.

"i'll drive you home." daniel says. i nod. "thanks." i say before i get up and leave with daniel on my side.