1

Harry
Today is the day that I am assigned my pen pal. I treat today as any other and show up to school two hours late, just to stroll in at the end second period. I hate this class more than anything, it's English class with a twist -a shitty one- we have to combine a social element. As I begin walk in past the teacher who is standing in front of the room and to my seat, thin bony fingers grip my arm.

"Mr. Styles, how nice of you to join us. I'd like to inform you that you missed the drawing of pen pals, as you know they're anonymous and only I know the people behind the emails. Of course I made sure you and your girlfriend wouldn't be paired." Mrs. Olsen says with a false smile and her long nails dig into my arm more.

She finally lets go of my arm her nails leaving a stinging sensation in my arm. She hands me the folded slip and motions with her arm for me to sit down, even though class will end in a minute.

I slump in my chair which is next to my annoying ass girlfriend Reina, and begin to open the slip of paper.

I've unfolded a corner when Reina's squeaky voice interrupts me.
"Hazzie baby, don't I look pretty today?" She screeches as she reaches up to touch my curls.

I push her hand away from my hair and ignore her question as I continue to unfold the paper. I hear her pout and sigh as I look at the slip which reads the email: cuppaT@icloud.com .
For some reason I smile, the name is quirky and very British.  The bell rings, finally stopping Reina's incessant chatting as all the students shuffle.

There is one boy that Reina loves to pick on -usually the popular girl attacks the nerdy girl- her choice was a gay bookworm. Don't get me wrong I've never done harm to him, but I have never helped him either. Isn't that just as bad? The boy-Louis- begins to grab his things only to have them smacked out of his grasp, and in this moment everything goes dark. I had been lost in my own thoughts barely noticing that Reina had walked over to Louis but, once I was aware I was furious. I have been telling her to leave him alone for a while now and, today was the day where she pissed me off beyond angry.

Before I knew it, I was kneeling down and helping Louis grab his books.

"Y-you really don't h-have to help me Harry." Louis stuttered his beautiful blue eyes meeting mine. 

Something about the way he was afraid of me made me want to scream. Of course he can't see past Reina's plastic nails and spray tan, all he sees is the schools top couple. I must be an asshole if I'm with her. Right?

Once all of his books are safely in his backpack-that is adorned with random pins-I grab his shoulder.

"I helped because I wanted to, just because Reina and I are dating-not for long hopefully- doesn't mean I'm like her." I mutter squeezing his shoulder and walking out of the room into the filled hallway.