Submission.

I was surprised to hear the silent void on the other side of the door and I assumed it was just my wishful thinking that he had just given up on me and left. It was his MO wasn't it? That he was Jared "oh king of the gods" Leto who could be with any woman he wanted so why struggle with me? If it wasn't obvious before it was painfully clear now. The Kaufman girl was perfect for him. Her dainty appearance, her frailty, her submission and more than anything her beauty. They deserved one another.

"Avaline." His voice rang again. "Please open the door." He pleaded, but his voice was still stern as if he were talking to a teenage child.

"Go back to Valery." I instructed while sitting on my bed in my towel and looking over my nails. Truth be told, I needed to do them again. The shiny red gleam to them was wearing down and slowly chipping.

"I'll do anything if you just open the door." He negotiated. I considered it for a moment before moving closer to the door.

"Anything?" I questioned.

"Yes." He answered through gritted teeth.

"Anything I want?" I pushed further. There was a deep sigh on the other side of the door followed by a moment of silence.

"Anything, that you want." He answered slowly. I opened the door slowly and stood in the door way to block his path. 

"I want $2,000." I said sternly. 

"$2,000?" He questioned. 

"Yep." I nodded simply. He tightened his jaw before nodding.

"Ok, $2,000." There was a small shrug to his frame as if this was nothing but chump change and I nodded in return.

"Did I said 2,000? I meant $6,000." I renegotiated. 

"Oh, is that what you meant?" He raised a brow. 

"Mhm." I nodded.

"Done. You gonna let me in?" He questioned. I stood in the door way for a few moments before shaking my head.

"Yeah, no. I change my mind." I shrugged. 

"Ava..." He trailed off obviously annoyed. 

"What? You have an entire girlfriend a few rooms or floors down and you're bothering me? You and I both know she's not very patient so.......go away." I lowered my tone. 

"I do have Vallery in another room and I am also not leaving." He enlightened me. 

"I could call security."

"But you wont. Admit it Ava, you're more content with just watching me suffer out here." He pointed out and I nearly smile. It was true. 

"Can we please....just talk?" He questioned in one of the most pathetic voices I had ever heard out of his mouth. I sighed and moved slowly to open the door wider.

"Come on." I instructed. He was hesitant before he walked in, as if he didn't trust me, and he slowly began looking around the room as if I had planted some sort of ambush.

"I'm not going to kill you." I stated simply while allowing the door to close and lock.

"I just want to talk." He reassured me.

"Ok." I stated simply while walking passed him and digging into my dresser as he spoke.

"Ok?" he questioned almost in disbelief.

"Ok." I answered back continuing to dig for what I was looking for.

"Ava..." He trailed off while tightening his face as if he believed that I was toying with him.