~1~

Prompt:

AU where people age until they reach 18 and then stop aging until they meet their soulmate so they can grow old together.

Imagine platonically moving in with your best friend at 18 and then realizing a few years later that you've been aging together

Found on: Pinterest

Warnings: Well, cursing, I guess 😂

A/N: I am not a native
English speaker, so if
you notice grammar or
spelling mistakes, feel
free to tell me! My
goal is improvement and
I want to achieve that
goal! Also, general
feedback is greatly
appreciated!

"Hey, do you like that movie?" While adjusting the pillow behind my back, I stuffed more chips in my mouth and looked at the screen. A cheesy romance. Why the hell were we watching this? Miu mumbled something I could identify as "The characters are a little flat" with Doritos in her mouth. I shook my head in annoyance, a few strands of hair falling out of the messy bun on my head. "God damn, swallow before you talk." Grinning, she took the entire pack of doritos and moved it into her lap. "You understood me, so where's the problem?" "That's unfair!", I shouted and tried to put the pack of chili flavored doritos back on the table, ignoring that the blanket fell off our legs. The incredible amount of pillows we got before watching the movie in the living room of our apartment had probably strongly decreased by now, considering how much we were moving and just jokingly arguing. And we probably wouldn't ever find them again. My best friend with the blonde ponytail tried to push me back with her foot, but failed because of the fluffy socks she wore. I knew that those things were no good! ...for her.  "No Kaede, move back!" She got up, obviously wanting to pull me away, but tripped and landed on my lap. "I am the dorito queen and those chips are all mine!" Fuck, Miu was heavy, how much weight had she gained in the past few years?! "Get off me, my pants are shortly before saying goodbye and I really don't want to sit here in my panties!" Especially when I was wearing underwear that looked like it could easily belong to my grandma, but Miu did not need to know this.

The main character of the movie started crying, God knows why, which made Miu look up from our little fight. That was my chance! Quickly I grabbed the doritos... and fell off the sofa. Obviously in pain, I rubbed my arm. I was pretty sure I just broke my upper arm. When I sat up on the floor, Miu bursted out in laughter. "Mission failed", she managed to say in a half robot voice - well, as good as you can do that while laughing your guts out. If I thought about it, I probably had a really dumb expression on my face. The thought of me just sitting confused on the floor while one leg still on the couch made me giggle a little, which turned into loud laughter after a short period of time. And here we are, two young adults with dorito crumbs all over their pink unicorn hoodies, laughing over their own dumbness. And my mom thought I'd travel places all over the world by that time. But I regret nothing.

Barely 18 years old, I moved together with my best friend from high school, Miu Iruma. We both turned our talents into jobs; I earned my money with piano lessons for kids and Miu was an inventor - even though many of her inventions were pretty useless, I mean, who in the world needed a double toilet? If one of us was short on money, the other would help out as best as possible. It had always worked out, so we just kept on living like that.

"Well", I stood up and tried to brush the dorito crumbs off my shirt, "it's already 1 AM, we should go to sleep soon. We want healthy sleeping schedules, don't we?" Miu yawned, but still contradicted. "You're starting your piano lessons in the afternoon and I don't have work times anyways. We could just pull an all-nighter, you know?" Making my way to the door (and ignoring that we should really tidy up soon) I turned around and shook my head. "I said we don't want to mess up our sleeping schedules. And with we, I mean you and me. Okay, especially you." I walked back to the couch, got my gray slippers and pulled Miu up. She groaned and took a few steps to the kitchen to get something to drink. "Just come after you're done here, okay?", I told her. "No excuses."  Not waiting to hear an answer, I went to brush my teeth and fell asleep shortly after my head touched the pillow.

[A/N: This was originally written on Tumblr and from here on Tumblr was beeing a bitch and didn't save so here you go, an 800 words chapter]