Lonely Room

Roi's POV:

I laid in my bed. Staring at a our white wall. My mind was black. Then...I started to cry. Why? Well this lonely room had reminded me when I met someone. Alex.

It was middle school, and I had always been the quiet type. That's why I was an easy target for bullies. Whenever I was getting sucker punched, I always saw a tall boy with black hair. Her had brown eyes and I had never talked to him before. I kept taking the hits to the head. I was also bullied for my accent.

One day, while I was getting kicked and punched, the tall boy looked me in the eyes. He dropped his books. That got the bullies attention. In the halls this boy never talked or anything. The leader of the gang walked up to him.

"Hey, Gaylord." The guy spoke. This boy was publicly bisexual.

"Actually, I'm bise-" The boy couldn't finish his sentence because the gang leader swung a punch at him. 

The boy duck in time. Both times. The boy then swung at the gang leader and hit him square in the jaw. The rest of the gang came at him, but without their leader....they're kind of a hot mess. They tripped over each other, and the boy just laughed. He went over to me and held out his hand. I took it. He pulled me up.

"Hi. My name's Alex." He spoke.

"I'm Roi." I replied. 

We started hanging out after that. 

*in real time*

I pulled out my phone wiped my tears from my cheeks and clicked Alex's contact. He answered the call very quickly. 

"Roi! Hi!" Alex greeted me.

"Hello Alex." I replied.

"What's up?" He asked to keep the conversation going.

"I'm not doing anything. Are you free sometime?" I asked.

"I'm free for the whole month apart from my videos." Alex replied quickly. 

Before I could reply, Alex said something else.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes!" He exclaimed. Then he hung up.

15 minutes later, I heard the doorbell ring. I went to the door and turned the knob. I opened the door to see a strapping young man. The same tall man with black hair and brown eyes who I had known since middle school. He gave me a smile and spoke in his sweet soft voice. 

"Hi Roi, how are you?" 

He stares at me with a twinkle in his eyes. He smiles at me.

"I'm good." I reply. He stood in the doorway. Then, he entered my house. He shut the door behind him. We had a conversation about random shit. Alex was so understanding. He went to the kitchen and stared there for some time. He came back with a plate of pancakes for me.

"Surprise." He spoke. I of course, took the pancakes. 

He made himself pancakes too, so we ate together. When we finished, I washed the dishes. Alex has always been good at cooking, not cleaning. His room was always messy, I cleaned it to thank him for the good food until I left. Since Alex wasn't good at cleaning, I washed our dishes. Alex and I have been hanging out most of the day. 

I scrubbed the dishes in circles.  Alex was on his phone in the living room. Then...there was a knock on the door. Since I was busy, Alex answered the door. 

Alex's POV:

I took steps to the door and placed my hand on the knob. I felt like something bad was going to happen, but I ignored it. I twisted the knob and pulled the door open. I felt a hit to my head and fell to the floor with a loud thud.

Roi's POV:

I heard a loud thud and dropped the pan Alex made pancakes in. That was loud I ran upstairs to my lonely room. I heard someone trading down the halls. I got my phone off of the tear stained pillow and dialed 911. I told them my full name, my address, and the full story. I was in the closet. He found me and I started fighting back. It was a man and he was wearing all back. He had a black mask on, so I couldn't see who he was. The police arrive and the man rushes downstairs. I assume he snatched up Alex and drove away. He got away. The police came and checked up on me. They told asked me to explain what happened after the call. I explained that's fought but I didn't know his identity.

Alex was declared kidnapped and the police are on the case. I have little faith, though. The thud was loud, and the man is very skilled. I have one question.......

Why?