Omens

My lips stretched, curving upwards; my upper lip receded showing the top row of my teeth, fangs still hidden by my bottom lip and I flashed the smile at them. Leonardo Motierre, Samuel Black and Cicero had each fallen to one knee; bowing their heads in respect.

            “What are you doing?” I asked, my voice different, almost song like, and as enthralling as a vampire’s….Funny, what exactly have these powers done to me?

           Cicerostood up and walked over to me; he took my left hand, turned it over and kissed the top of it. “Welcome back, Princess.”

            I felt my mouth fall open, my grin gone, and jaw touching the floor. I looked towards Leo and Sam. Sam nodded at me almost as if saying it was true. Leo stared at me, a cheeky smile on his face. I closed my mouth and looked at Cicero.

            “Explain what the hell you are talking about right now or I swear to god…”I trailed off, not coming up with a good enough threat.

            “You’re a royal, Sweet. The last pure royal left, because the rest of your family is dead.”

            “So then, what happens now?” I stared directly into those ancient, yellow eyes; daringCiceroto piss me off.

            “Sam will explain this, won’t you Sam?” Cicerobeckoned the Shadower over. Aww, is somebody scared? I laughed to myself.

            Sam and I walked to the training room where I’m guessing he figured it would be safer if I got mad. We were sitting on the floor in the center of the room and I was still examining my hands.

            “Hey Sam, why are the pentagrams the same colors as the ones in my amulet?” I mindlessly asked. I heard a sharp almost cough like noise to my left and I flicked my head over to see Sam looking at me, eyes wide, mouth a thin, straight line.

            “I don’t know…” his husky voice stated, almost in the form of a question. I stared him down when a thought popped into mind. I remembered his face when he saw Leo and I, meaning the attraction card could definitely be a good play on my part.

            I crawled towards Sam and sat down right next to him. I waited until he was off guard by examining my palms. Then I took the shot and tackled him over. I sat on top of him, straddling him and held both his hands over his head, conjuring up binds of ice. I held up my right hand and felt a bolt appear in it. A sly smirk crawled onto my face and Sam glowered up at me.

            “So Sammy-boy, start talking.” I demanded.

            I stormed down the dark corridor, heart-beat racing, blood boiling and eyes turning black. My foot steps were loud and intimidating at the fast pace I was walking. I clenched my fists, dagger-like nails biting into my palms. My jaw was locked in place, my teeth grinding together. As I neared his room, I slowed my heart, breathing and became extremely quiet. I didn’t want the stupid vampire to hear me coming.

            I crept closer to the door, reaching out for the handle when the door flew open.

            “I can hear you anyways Ever. I’m guessing Sam told you. Do me a favor and don’t torch me like you were planning.” Leo just stood there, smirking one of his obnoxious smirks at me.

            “How? What? How?!?” I yelled at him in disbelief. He tapped his head. I had forgotten about the mental link. Stupid vampire should choke on the blood of his next victim. I grumbled internally and he let out a sigh.