.1

I rush to Ben's room from my last class of the day. Carrying my stack of books in my hands, I frantically bang on his door. He opens it and I rush over to his bed, unloading everything from my arms. 

"Woah", Ben says, looking at my stressed state. I roll my eyes at my best friend. I sit on his bed. "So, have you told your parents about your 'royal proclamation'?", I ask, saying the last two words with superiority. "I did, actually", he replies. "No way!", I exclaim, laying upside down on the side of his bed. 

I slip and fall on my head. "Smooth", Ben says, giving me his hand to help me up. I grab it and yank him on the floor with me. We burst out laughing. He gets up and helps me up. 

"So you didn't tell me who your letting come to Auradon", I say, once we're on his bed again. "I didn't know I had to", he replies, laughing. "Well, you have to now", I say, lightly punching in the arm. 

"The daughter of the Evil Queen", he starts. "The son of Jafar, son of Cruella De Vil." He pauses before saying the last one. "And the daughter of Maleficent", he finishes, waiting for my response. 

"Nice" is all I can say. "Well, I gotta get back", I whisper, getting off the bed and grabbing my stuff. "Do you need help carrying all that?", Ben asks. "I'm fine", I say, before leaving his room.

•—•—•—•—•—• the next day •—•—•—•—•—•

I'm getting ready for the Isle kids to arrive. I put on a blue dress, to go with my eyes, and a little makeup. I'm kind of nervous to meet them, I shouldn't be though, they're just like us. I check the time and I'm a couple minutes late. I make sure I'm ok looking and head to the "ceremony". 

I see Ben and Audrey by Fairy Godmother. Thankfully they haven't arrived yet. I sneak beside Ben. "Just in time, they'll be here any minute", he whispers to me. He was not wrong. A limo pulls up. The driver gets out and opens the door. 

A girl with purple hair gets out, followed by a girl with blue hair. Lastly, two boys fall out of the limo fighting over something. "You got everything else! Why do you want whatever this is?", the boy with black and white hair asks. "Because you want it!", the long-haired boy replies. 

Carlos De Vil must be the one with the white and black hair and Jay must be the one with the long hair. I eye Carlos up and down or well side to side because he's on the ground. 

"Guys, we have an audience", the purple-haired girl tells Carlos and Jay. She must be Mal. "Just cleaning up", Jay replies. He looks at Carlos. "Get up." "Leave it like you found it! And by that, I mean just leave it", Fairy Godmother tells the boys. 

Jay goes over to Audrey. "Hello, foxy. The names Jay", he says, very flirtatiously. Audrey looks at him and laughs. "Welcome to Auradon Prep. I'm fairy godmother, headmistress", Fairy Godmother introduces herself. "The fairy godmother? As in, "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"?", Mal asks. "Bibbidi-bobbidi. You know it", she replies. 

"Yeah, I always wondered what it felt like for Cinderella when you just appeared, out of nowhere, with that sparkly wand and warm smile and that sparkly wand", Mal says, smiling. "That was a long time ago. And as I always say, "don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future"", Fairy Godmother replies. 

"It's so good to finally me you all. I'm Ben", Ben starts. "Prince Benjamin. Soon to be king", Audrey interrupts. "You had me at prince. My mom's a queen, so that makes me a princess", the blue-haired girl, I think her name is Evie, tells Ben. "The evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you", Audrey smiles. "This is Audrey", Ben introduces her. 

"Princess Audrey. His girlfriend. Right Bennyboo?", Audrey says. I gag beside them, no one sees it but Carlos, who smirks. "Ben, Audrey, and Aleaya will be showing you around", Fairy Godmother explains, putting her hand on my shoulder. It's the first time they even noticed me, besides Carlos. 

"The library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00", Fairy Godmother informs them, before she leaves us to go on our own. "It is so good to finally meet you all", Ben says, going over to each of them individually. I'm spacing until Ben makes me break out of my trance. He starts a tour. 

"Auradon prep, originally built over 300 years ago and converted into a high school by my father when he became king", he explains, as he claps his hands and the statue in front of the school of the king turns into a beast. Carlos jumps into my arms. He's surprisingly light. 

"Carlos it's ok. My father wanted his statue to morph from beast to man to remind us that anything is possible", Ben assures Carlos as I drop him. He gets up and wipes himself off. 

"Does he shed much?", Mal asks, sarcastically. "Yeah, mom won't let him on the couch", Ben replies, seriously. I swat him on the arm. "So you guys have a lot of magic here in Auradon? Like wands and things like that?", Mal asks as we moved into the entrance of the school. 

"Yeah, it exists of course, but It's pretty much retired. Most of us here are just ordinary mortals", Ben replies. "Who happens to be kings and queens", Mal mutters but Audrey and I hear it. "That's true. Our royal blood goes back hundreds of years", Audrey replies. 

Doug comes down the stairwell. "Doug, Doug come down here. This is Doug, he'll help you with class schedules. I'll see you later, okay? And if you have any questions feel free to...", Ben trails off. "Ask Doug", Audrey immediately says. I roll my eyes. Carlos snickers. "Well, I guess my time's up", I say, tugging on Ben's sleeve to leave. 

**************************** Night  ************* 

I'm sitting on the table in the school kitchen, binge eating chocolate chips by the hand full, while I try to study with the light that's coming in from outside. I hear a noise and I look over to see Carlos looking through the fridge. 

"De Vil!", I yell. He jumps and turns around. "I didn't know anyone was in here", he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "You know this isn't a free-for-all, right?", I ask him. He looks at my bowl of chocolate chips. "Mhm", he replies. I push the bowl far away from me. 

He hops on the table almost knocking me off. "So who are your royal parents?", he asks. I pick out a piece of my red hair among my black hair. "Can't you tell?", I ask him. "Uh...Cinderella?", he guesses. I shake my head like a disappointed mom. 

"Wait, I know...Ariel", he says. I nod. We stare at each other a moment. I break the eye contact. "Uh...I should get back to my uh my dorm", he says, stumbling over his words. It's just now that I notice his polka dot pajama pants. I giggle, but try to hide it by covering my mouth. 

He hops off the table. "Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow", he says, leaving the kitchen. I try to throw a chocolate chip at him before he leaves but it just falls on the ground. I see him come back and smile at me before leaving the doorway again. "From now on, you will be known as 'The Boy with The Polka Dot PJs'", I whisper.