.3

^^ Play that song while you read this, k thx

Gameday is finally here! I've been waiting for this day, but now I'm even more excited now that Carlos is on the Tourney team. I'm in Ben's room because he told me I could use it for studying since he's not in his room that much anymore. 

I find myself writing Mrs. Carlos De Vil and Aleaya De Vil on my notebook instead of doing my homework. I feel Ben looking over my shoulder. 

"Hm, must've missed that chapter", he teases. I try to cover up my notebook with my hands, but he grabs it. "So this is what's making you act so weird lately", he concludes. I sheepishly nod. 

"Well, I gotta get going, have fun making your future", Ben says, before leaving. I giggle and go back to working on homework. I get a text on my phone. It's from Jay, oddly. Your majesty - the text reads. How did you get my number? - I text back. I have my ways - he replies. 

I'm about to reply when his name lights up on my phone. He's calling me. I answer with a sigh. "Princess", he says. "Don't call me that", I reply. "Feisty", I hear Jay whisper. 

I hear someone else on his end ask "Who is it?" "Aleaya", Jay replies. "Can I talk to her?", the voice asks Jay. I now recognize the voice as Carlos. I hear shuffling on the other end. 

"Hey", Carlos says. "Hey", I reply. There's an awkward silence. "Are you excited for the game?", I ask him. "I guess", he replies. "You'll be great", I tell him. I hear Jay and Carlos fighting. 

"Bye boys", I sigh before hanging up. I giggle at their immature behavior.

_-_-_-_-_ before the game -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I'm standing behind the bleachers, waiting for the game to start. Someone taps on my shoulder. I jump. "I didn't know I was that scary." I turn around and see Jay in his jersey. "Are you going to explain to me why our conversation came to end so soon earlier?", he asks. I roll my eyes. "Come on you gotta give me something here", he begs. "Good luck", I say, before walking away. I run into Ben. "Are you ready?", I ask. He's seems distracted. "Hello? Earth to Ben!", I wave my hands in front of his face. "Sorry, my mind is just on someone right now", he replies. "Me?", I hopefully ask. "No", he laughs. "I gotta get going", I say, giving him a kiss on the cheek for good luck. "See you later", he says, as I walk away.

A couple of minutes before the end of the game...

The Auradon knights and the Sherwood falcons are tied. Carlos is on the field now. Jay has the ball. He passes it to Ben. 

Carlos blocks and does this cute dancing thing on the opponent. Jay has the ball again. He passes the ball to Ben again. Chad blocks. Ben passes the ball back to Jay. It's a clear shot, but it's blocked by the Falcons' goalkeeper. 

I boo at him. Jay has the ball now. Chad blocks. The ball goes back to Ben. Carlos blocks but then he goes down. Jay picks up Carlos and goes through the kill zone. Jay passes back to Ben. Ben scores and wins the game. 

Everyone cheers, especially me. I see Jay picking up Carlos out of the corner of my eye. Ben comes over to me and lifts me up. I giggle as he sets me down. He goes over to the microphone.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please? There's something I'd like to say", Ben says into the microphone. Carlos comes over to me. "Hey", he says. "Hey", I reply, half paying attention to him and half paying attention to Ben. 

He started singing a song, a love song to Mal. "So that's the girl Ben had on his mind", I whisper. Carlos chuckles. "Oh I'll be right back", Carlos says, heading to where Ben is. He starts dancing next to Ben. I giggle when he looks at me. 

After Ben sings, he goes over to Mal. Not long after that, Audrey goes next to him. "Chad's my boyfriend now! And I'm going to the coronation with him. So I don't need your pity date", she says, into the microphone. "Wow, she finally found someone that's as selfish as her", I mutter.

 "Mal! Will you go to the coronation with me?", Ben asks. "Yes", Mal answers. "She said yes!", Ben yells. Everyone cheers. Before Carlos comes back. I go over to my bag and pull out my notebook and rip out a piece. I take out a pen and write Meet me in the kitchen in 10 on the piece of paper. He finally comes back. I fold the piece of paper and give it to him. I smile before walking away.

I go to the kitchen, grabbing a basket and blanket. I rummage through the fridge, looking for anything that Carlos would eat. "Hey", I hear a voice behind me. "Carlos", I say, slightly embarrassed. "What are you doing here?" 

"Uh, you said to meet you here", he replies. "Or was that your evil twin." "Oh, right", I whisper. "I was wondering if you would like to go on a picnic", I say, holding up the picnic basket and blanket. He smirks. I pack whatever I can find. 

"I hope you like what I'm packing", I look over my shoulder at him. "Well if your packing chocolate then I'll love what your packing", he chuckles. I finish packing and throw him the blanket. "Ready?", I ask.

"You were really great out there on the field", I say, as I'm sprawling the blanket down on the grass. "You were too", he replies, sitting down on the blanket. "You saw me?", I ask. He nods. I giggle as I start to get things out of the basket. 

"What are those?", he asks, pointing to the blueberries. "They're blueberries", I reply. "You've never had them?" "I've barely had non-rotten food", he whispers. I give him a sympathetic look. He takes a blueberry and inspects it in his hands. "It's good, I promise", I say, as he gives me a skeptical look. 

He pops it into his mouth. His face lights up. "Good?", I ask, a giggle escaping me. "Amazing", he says, putting more in his mouth. "Woah, slow down", I say, grabbing his arm. 

We have a clear view of the Isle from where we're sitting. "I can't help but feel like I could be like my mother", Carlos blurts out. I put my hand atop of his. "Carlos, you're nothing like your mother", I whisper, moving closer to him. He looks at my hand on his, then at me. 

"There's a voice in my head that's telling me to kiss you", he blurts out. "Maybe you should listen to it", I find myself saying. He leans in, but maybe a little too hard because it causes me to fall backward and Carlos landing on top of me. He catches himself before we butt heads. 

"I guess we're falling for each other", he chuckles. I can smell the blueberries on his breath. I giggle and blush. We stare into each other's eyes. He finally gets off of me. "I should really get going", I whisper. 

"You packed all this food and now it's gonna go to waste", Carlos frowns. "Not all of it", I say, popping another blueberry in my mouth. "You can take it back to your dorm and you and Jay can share." "You sure?", he asks. He reaches for the blueberries. "Yeah", I whisper, reaching for his hand. I let go of it after a minute and start repacking everything. 

I can feel his eyes on me as I put away the blueberries. I get up and grab the basket, but he takes it from out of my grip. "What made you a gentleman?", I whisper. "I don't know", he replies.

We finally reach my dorm. I reach for my key in my pocket. I hear Carlos gasp as he looks in my clean dorm room. "You can come in you know", I say, seeing him just standing outside the door. "Feel free to look around." He goes over to my desk. 

"What's this?", he smirks, holding up my notebook. I forgot to close it when I brought all of my homework back from Ben's room. I feel my face get red as I go over and take the notebook out of his hands. 

"Aleaya De Vil does have a ring to it", Carlos teases as I frantically try to close the notebook. "Oh hey, next time you see Evie, can you ask her if she would make me a dress for the Coronation?", I ask him as I rummage through piles of paper. 

I hand him a folder. "Here are my sizes", I tell him. "Ok, I'll make sure to tell her", he replies. I stare at him, waiting for him to leave. He finally takes the hint. "Bye, see you later", I say, as I shut the door. That leaves me to happily squeal uncontrollably.