20 - 1970

Chapter 20
1970

okay, can I just- This gif

okay, can I just- This gif... I... fuck.
Okay, I'm done. On with the story now.
Start the new year with a bang hehe ;)

><

       "Not to be dramatic, but if you stop kissing me now, I'm jumping off this roof."

       "Just catching my breath, Rog." Maya's smile widened as Roger nuzzled his face in the crook of her neck, planting kisses there as she sighed.

       A loud bang ripped away their attention. The sound of cheers followed. Maya and Roger's eyes shot towards sparks of fireworks squealing and spitting out in the air from afar. Maya stared wide-eyed in fascination. She never saw the fireworks up this close. The rooftop was blasted with each vibrant wave of colour the firework splattered across the night sky.

She tried to concentrate on each flare of flames in the air, but she couldn't help but blush wildly as she peripherally saw Roger study her so closely. "I love this..." Maya faintly breathed.

"Yeah, they really went full out this year." Roger said, eyes squinting at the brightness of the fireworks.

"No..." Maya smirked. "I meant..." She turned to face Roger, returning her fingers across his jaw. She whispered into the gap between his parted lips. "I love feeling your eyes on me when you think I can't see you."

Roger's lips twitched up in a smile as he brushed a loose strand of hair from Maya's face. "Happy New Year, Maya."

"Happy New Year, Roger."

Roger inched his lips towards hers planting a tender peck.

Maya smiled against his lips, leading him to pull back and quirk an eyebrow at her.

"So..." Maya whispered suggestively.

"'So'?" Roger mumbled.

As a cheeky epiphany brightened in her mind, she tried to mask an eager smile. "So when are we telling Freddie?"

"What?" Roger chuckled.

"About us. We should tell him soon." Maya nodded.

Roger furrowed his brows, still lightly laughing. "Why would we need to tell him soon?"

"Well..." Maya fought against the smirk that tried to etch its way across her face. "Shouldn't the best man be one of the first to know?"

Roger's smile faltered. "...Best man?"

"For the wedding, of course." Maya exclaimed. "You were going to ask Freddie to be your best man, weren't you?"

Roger's eyes widened, as his feet shuffled backwards from Maya. "W-What?"