chapter one

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐞
❝ 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘵𝘩– 𝘵𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘦𝘭𝘴𝘦. ❞

傷つける前に

ANGEL KNEW HE WAS OUT OF HER LEAGUE. She knew a guy like Fezco would never be interested in her and that's what she hated most about herself. She would show up in her prettiest outfits, post pictures making the prettiest faces, and look the absolute prettiest she possible could whenever he was around. But he never budged. He would still refer to her as a little sister, never look twice at her, and never cross any boundaries with her. She truly believed he solely referred to her as a younger sister.

Maybe it was the fact that she was about two years younger than him— being a freshly turned 17 years old while Fez was already 19 and done with high school completely. Maybe it was the fact that she was always around him due to living in the complex right next to his, or maybe it was the fact that she was friends with many of the people he dealt drugs to such as the infamous Rue, Maddy, Cassie, and such and he saw her as nothing more but someone he cared for that managed to stay away from the drugs.

But for what it was worth, at least he still cared for her, which is what she'd tell herself every time she wanted to cry over the boy.

While wearing a white frilled-sleeve tie-front top, a black, Ksubi moss distressed denim mini skirt, a pair of black Comme Des Garçons converse, and two pink barrettes on either side of her dark, bone straight hair, Angel weaved her way through the drunk teenagers and through the glass doors leading to the backyard. She wasn't under the influence, but she was pretty damn drunk which made the party less lame than she would have expected.

It was also going to make Fezco a teensy, tiny bit mad.

The air was warm to her delight, moonlight sparkling on her brown skin and illuminating her large doe eyes while she observed around. She smiled at Rue, someone who she was rather close to and was talking to a blonde girl she recognized as Jules. As she stumbled down the pavement, her eyes lit up when she saw the boy with red hair, a blue supreme t-shirt adourning his pale skin, and a blunt between his lips sitting on the couch that was oddly plopped in the back of the yard. She struggled, yet adorably skipped her way over to him. The red solo cup in her hand threatened to spill out as she took another sip and bit back a look of distaste.

"Fezzie!" The name made the red haired boy sharply turn his head from his lighter to the girl in the almost-skimpy clothes in slight embarrassment and playful annoyance.

That's been her nickname for him ever since she learned his name to begin with. It started off with Fezco, then it led to Fez, Fefe, and then in a more personal setting, Fezzie, Bubba, and Boo-bear. The last three nicknames were strictly for times where it was just them, or when close friends were around in order to save themselves from the embarrassment. Fez would always act as if he hated it, but he really loved it deep down.

As he glanced up at her, he didn't even have time to commentate on her outfit because she was already downing what was left in the cup and slightly swaying side to side. Getting Angel drunk wasn't an easy thing. Her tolerance was pretty high for someone who didn't drink, but once she gets to that point, there was no going back. Fez knew that for a fact, so it was almost a reflex to toss the lighter on the table across from him and quickly stand up in order to grab the girl by her waist and shoulder.