Nightmare After Nightmare

You jolt up again, this time you're drenched in sweat, some sliding down your forehead to wet your temples. You growl, staring at your black cover in the slightly dim darkness.

“Damn it... I hate these fucking nightmares that... That thing is giving me.” You mumble, annoyance leaking out of the tone in your voice. It was shaky, almost too scared to believe that this was the real world.

You see your favorite stuffed animal beside you, softly smiling you know now that you were fully awake. “Hello there buddy. Glad to see you.” You tell your favorite stuffed animal.

It was childish, yes, but it was there for a reason; that reason? To let you know when you are awake.

You feel your eyelids getting heavy again, but the low sound of static drowns your silence, leaving you to sigh, closing your eyes anyway, sinking back into the comfort of your bed leaving it to welcome you with a luscious comfort that instantly sends you back to sleep.

You were too tired to even fight the thing trying to draw fear from you.

Hours have passed, not many, maybe around three or four? Your body was waking to something that was annoying you, but what?

What was it that could be waking you up?

Was it the hidden fear rising in your secret thoughts of the supernatural coming after you?

Or was it much worse?

You didn't know until it called your name.

“[Y/N]~” It echoes, seeming very far away, happy to be finally noticed.

You groan, turning your half sleeping face as your nose wrinkles up a bit, nuzzling the side of your pillow.

“[Y/N]...” It's softer, closer at that yet it's still echoey. Why did it seem... Frustrated? Surely not because you were still sleeping, right?

You want to open your eyes, fear engulfs your mind, warning you not to do it. Why are you suddenly scared? Exhaling softly you adjust your sleeping position. It stops, not happening for what felt like hours.

You thought it was over. Oh far from it, [Y/N]. This was just the beginning of the ending.

Then, the voice seems to be right in your sleeping face, more stern, solid, masculine, and a bit creepy.

“Wake up.” He demands in a violent whisper.

You almost obey. No, you knew better than to listen to the things in the dark, especially if that thing was after you.

You scoff tiredly, agitation in the vibrated sound that tickles your throat. Something hard, cold as ice, and sharp, presses against your throat, the voice now brushing against your facial features.

“I said to fucking wake up, you stupid bitch.” It snarls inhumanly in a demonic whisper. You didn't budge though, you knew how to piss off any attacker by not listening to them. How else would you explain the scar across your chest?

You did what you knew best, you chuckle, your throat gently tapping the edge of the blade pressed to it, the feeling was strange, but it didn't matter, rather they want to spare you or not, your life is in this bastards hands.

You didn't really mind going, at least you die in style. Who was your attacker anyway? Slender himself? No, no; he doesn't use weapons, he uses himself to break, snap, rip, and devour his victims. So you still being alive, was surprisingly good.

This killer must have stupid because he growls, pulling away the blade as you feel him sit on you, pinning you to the bed.

“Did you just fucking laugh at me?”

You had enough, you spoke tiredly. “No. I chuckled at you because you're a stupid killer. Just go ahead and kill me.” You urge fourth, but he's silent.

Too silent.