3

A few more days past and the healers told Maglor that he could be allowed to be outside but they want someone there with him in case he had another seizure. He sat outside on the grass with Maedhros sitting by him. 

Maglor just looked at the ground listening to Maedhros talk to him he was unsure about what exactly. He was spacing out and just listening to the noise. 

"Kano?" Maedhros said. Maglor looked up and Maedhros said, "I talked with one of the healers. They said if you are feeling well by next week you'll be alright to travel." 

Maglor nodded and sat back. He looked to Maedhros and reached for his notebook and wrote down, 'I would like to get out of here sooner. I do not like sitting around doing nothing.' 

"I know, Kano but it'll just before a few more days." He replied. 

'It'll be seven days and 168 hours,' Maglor wrote. 

"Kano," Maedhros said. "Please...we just want to be sure that you'll be fine," 

Maglor sighed and nodded. Maglor let out a long breath and looked up as Fingon walked over. "Hey. How are you doing?" He asked. 

Maglor shrugged and Maedhros sighed, "He's doing better." 

Fingon nodded and asked, "Can I join both of you?"

"Fine with me," Maedhros said and looked at Maglor who nodded. Fingon sat down and Maedhros said, "Fingon. Your father was telling me about a healer who has said to live here would you know anything more rumors about it?"

"Besides what my father told you I do not have much else or rather nothing important." He replied. 

"Still," Maedhros said. 

"Well the rumor I had may just be nonsense but if you want to find her follow the white cat." He said. 

Maglor looked at Fingon and then back at Maedhros who just stared at their cousin and blinked. "Follow the white cat?" Maedhros asked. 

"That's just what I heard," He replied. "I do not understand what it means,"

"Is there anything else?" Maedhros asked. 

"No. Nothing," Fingon said. "I am sorry," 

"It's fine," Maedhros replied. "I just wish we had more to go on than she may have part of the first elves, she chose not to sail, and she knows a lot about healing." 

'and don't forget the white cat,' Maglor wrote down and held it up. Maedhros chuckled and Fingon smirked. It was good to see that Maglor had some of his humor still. 

"Well. I wish you luck and if I hear anything I'll send you a message," Fingon said. 

"Thank you," Maedhros replied. Fingon nodded and stood up, "Well I'll go...Maglor is looking kinda tired." 

Maedhros looked to his brother whose eyes were starting to close as he sat there. Maedhros smiled lightly and stood up. "Alright Kano, we should head back inside." 

Maglor shook his head and stayed where he was. Maedhros sighed and asked, "You want to take a nap out here?" 

Maglor grabbed his notebook and wrote down, 'It's stuffy in the healer's room.' 

Maedhros let out a breath and said, "Alright...alright." 

He sat back down beside him and Maglor leaned against his brother's shoulder and fell asleep. 

~~~

Maglor's eyes flew up and squirmed but stopped as he realized he no longer was in a nightmare but awake. He blinked and looked at his brother who gave him a worried look. 

"You had another nightmare," He said. Maglor nodded a bit and sniffed a little and Maedhros gave him a quick hug. 

"Do you want to go back in now?" He asked. Maglor nodded and Maedhros helped him stand up. His walking was still a bit weak but better than before. When he walked back to the room he sat down and clenched his fists. He hated feeling like this. He still felt weak and his wounds still hurt him. The worst of everything was the fact he could not even scream his frustrations. 

"Kano?" Maedhros said. "You are looking a bit like Caranthir dose when he's mad," 

Maglor made a face at him and Maedhros came over and said, "Try to calm down a little...I know you're not ready to talk but when you are I am here for you." 

Maglor nodded and looked up as the door flew open and the twins came in along. The twins had a grin on their face as they walked over. "Kano? Remember how mamil taught us a bit about sculpting? Well, we used that to make you this!" They said together as they held out a carved wooden whistle." 

"And here I thought only Curufin and Atar were the crafters," Maedhros said earning a grin from the twins. Maglor took the whistle and blew a note on it. It was a bit loud but it worked. He looked at them and gave a bit nod of thanks. He reached over and placed it on the table beside his bed. 

He sat up and let out a long breath. He took his notebook and wrote down 'I am feeling a bit tired and want to rest,' 

The twins nodded and exited the room. Maedhros looked over at Maglor as he laid down and pulled the blanket up. Maglor heard his brother give a soft sigh and started talking lowly about nothing for him. Just so he had something he can listen too. As Maglor drifted off he was pretty sure his brother was just saying nonsense words but once his eyes closed he was lost in the flames of another nightmare. 

~~~

Maglor was forced awake his brother shaking him. Maglor blinked multiple times and looked at Maedhros's worried face. He had to blink once more before his vision cleared and he saw Fingolfin's face as well. He looked just as worried as his brother and he also noticed a healer by his bedside. 

"You opened up your wounds again," Maedhros said as he held his brother sit up and he moved back letting the healer in so they could patch him up again. Maglor just gave a blink in reply as the healer undid the bandage around his neck and cleaned it. They rebandaged it and then moved to the one that was over his eye. They took care of a few more wounds he opened and when he was done. 

Maglor gave a heavy breath as the healer left. He looked up as his uncle came over and sat down beside him. "I do know you our family has many differences. Yet, I am still your uncle and I do care about you. Despite what my brother may have thought or said." Fingolfin said. He then leaned over and pulled Maglor in a big hug. 

Maglor looked at his uncle but did not do anything to protest. He needed this, in all truth this helped him since he did wish that his father or mother was there. Even though his father may have not been the nicest of people he did love his sons. He wished of his parents were to stay there with him like when he was little and he fell and hurt himself. One of his parents normally his mother dried his tears and made him feel like himself again. Yet, with the oath and everything else he had no one besides his brothers and his uncle. 

'Thank you,' Maglor thought as his uncle let go and offered him a smile. Maglor gave a bit of a smile back and pulled his knees inward. His uncle stood up and patted Maedhros on his shoulder before he turned to Maglor once more and said, "I have to go but I will come back to see you if you want." 

Maglor gave a nod and Fingolfin smiled and left the room. He sat back in bed and looked to Maedhros who just sighed and said, "I need to talk with a healer. I need to see if maybe we can leave sooner, you do not deserve to be like this. We need to find her and see if she can help you with your nightmares." 

Maglor nodded to Maedhros who stood up and said, "I am just leaving for a few moments. If you need me or need someone blow the whistle the twins gave you." 

Maglor gave another nod of confirmation before he took his notebook and looked through it as Maedhros left the room. Once his brother was gone he closed the notebook and sighed. He moved and stood up slowly. He walked to the window and pulled back the curtains a bit. He leaned against a wall and looked outside. He let out a long breath and realized he may not be sleeping for a while. Well, not if every time he tries to sleep nightmares invade his mind. He shook his head and let out a breath. He truly hoped he can leave sooner. He just wanted to get out of here and find her. He still hoped that maybe she can fix his voice.