Chapter 22- Jolene Woods*

I look down at Jason whose eyes are closed. His breath along with Ollie's and Damion's are the only sound that is near. The rest come from the stones growling and snapping outside the house. I run my fingers gingerly through Jason's hair, twisting bits around my pointer only to release the new curl. Jason scared me-- he had passed out with blood running out his mouth and I thought he had died. Luckily he had just fallen asleep on my lap.

"Jolene?" Jason mumbles as he repositions his head.

"I'm right here." I reply running my hand through his hair again.

"Mmm.." Jason grumbles as he tightens the arm wrapped around my torso.

"How's your shoulder?" I ask, the guilt coming through in my voice.

"I feel fine-- right here anyways." Jason says as he plants a kiss on my thigh.

"There's a thick layer of warmth in-between your lips and my thigh." I whisper, trying not to wake the boys. Jason lets go of my torso and reaches across my thigh to grab the hand resting beside it.

"I want a bed." Jason groans as he plants a kiss on my hand. I watch as Jason kisses up my arm, planting wet kisses everywhere his lips can touch.

"There's a room upstairs... I'll carry you since your walker broke." I suggest.

"Then I want you to join me..." Jason trails off at the last part, shaking his head. "Join me in sleeping. But not like sex, like actual sleep. Obviously I didn--"

"I'll join you." I reply with a smile. Jason smiles and looks up to me, a frown spreading across his face.

"I do need you to carry me though."

I help Jason pull his shirt over his head and toss it to the end of the bed. Jason's face flushes red as I look him up and down.

"What?" I look up at him from under my lashes and tilt my head. Jason's eyebrows raise as his eyes widen, "I can't." He whispers.

I laugh and lift my shirt off, grabbing one of the sleeves and pulling it over my head. I toss it to the end of the bed before I pull of my pants. Jason's eyes burn into me when I step out of my pants, letting him see my body in all it's glory. "God you're beautiful." I laugh and jump onto the bed next to him. Jason smiles at me and pulls me close to him, "You forgot something?"

"What did I forget?" I ask.

"The light."

"Ugh." I sit up and crawl out of the bed, flipping the switch next to the door off. I crawl back in bed with Jason and cozy up next to him, burying my face into his neck. Jason groans and pulls my hip, leaving no space in between us. I feel my breath hitch in my throat as Jason drags his fingers along my side, stopping when he reaches my bra.

"I'm sorry about earlier."

"About what earlier-- alot happened." I giggle. Jason touches my hair, running his fingers through the short length.

"When I yelled at you-- well it really wasn't me."

"Who was it?" I ask removing my face from his neck to look at him.

"There was this voice before the stones caught me. It helped me outrun them and carry you without getting tired. Then it told me to let it take control- so he could get into the house."

"Wait, Jason. Does tha--"

"I don't know what it means."

I nod, reaching up to his jaw to touch the hickies, "Well, I will be here no matter what." I state.