𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Matty's POV

(Year: 2009 Mattys age: 17)

While strumming a couple chords and humming some slow rhythms I hear a knock. I stop and place the same old guitar on the ground and crawl out the hut.

The hut was still standing up, well, just in no more.

Today we're going to re design it , with actual wooden planks, not just sticks.

Harper places the oak planks on the dry leafy ground and smiled. "Dad gave me these, he said they are scraps"

Before we knew it we were nearly finished. I painted the last letter on sign saying "Harper and Matty's Hut" she still calls me Matty now, I can't remember the last time she called me Matthew.

I nailed the sign to the top of the hut above the door. We added our supplies inside of it, like the blankets, my guitar and stuff.

My guitar had become an escape from the real world. Recently my Dad got really drunk and decided to drive down south to visit his mum after about one month of having his license. He crashed his car on the way there and...now he's in rehab. I've told Harper about it, I don't think she understands fully because she lives with both her biological parents.

I have been trying to write my own music and lyrics and I've been to the music store again for some advice, it's helped.

"Matty it's getting late my mother will want me home, but I shall see you tomorrow," Harper grins

"Absolutely!" I smiled back

Then she gets on her bike and off she goes home.

Our lives are different is so many ways, Harper is so lucky to have both her parents living together with her and to be that rich. I can't remember the last time I bought a new pair of shoes or even underwear. I look down at my scruffy untied shoes, Too tight for me, they cause blisters and I've had them for maybe 3 years?

I sigh and crawl back into the new hut, it felt so much more spacious now.

'Don't you need me' I scribbled down in my lined notepad. I've been working on a song, I don't have a title for it yet but I'll get there.
I think the song will be for Harper, but I'm not sure. We've known each other for so long and she just sees me as a friend. But I'm not sure if that's how I see her.

I look up to see the sky through the cracks of the hut it's a very dark blue, hinted with white dots of stars.

I wake up to birds chirping along with a notebook and pen in my lap. I must've obviously gotten too tired to cycle back home last night.

9:45AM I read on my slightly broken watch.

I slowly get up yawning and grab my bike and start cycling to Harper's house.

Today I was planning on going on a nice bike ride up some mountains with Harper, it all depends on what she says.

"Bollocks!" I say as I fall off my bike from hitting the brakes too fast.

I pick myself up and ring the bell of Harper's house. No matter what has went on, I'll always stand outside this door with a huge grin on my face like a total twat.

"Good mroning matty, looking a bit muddy this morning" Harper giggled.

"Yeah, just fell off my bike...anyways was wondering if you were up for a bike ride today, lovely weather!"