𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

✩🥝༄🍧

        ・ 。゚

・ 。゚. ☽ °.

☆: *

.☽ .*
・。・ : *

:✧。・

:. * ✰ :☆ ゚.

・ 。゚゚.

third person

SCOUT WALKED INTO HER her friend's apartment and sat expectantly on the bed, arms crossed. kinley walked inside moments later and plopped on the bed across from scout. "i'll tell you everything, okay? but please let me get through it before you make any comments. what i'm feeling might seem unreasonable to you but it makes perfect sense to me." scout nodded hesitantly and motioned for mckinley to begin explaining.

"reece and i? we can't happen. i like him, i really do. but, i like him enough to not hurt him. if we ever start dating then, one day, i might hurt him the way i hurt daniel. and there's no way that i could do that again. daniel, you didn't see his face after i broke up with him. i feel disgusting and awful for making him feel the way i did. if i did that to reece, i don't know what i would do with myself. so i'm not gonna risk it. if reece and i never date, then i can't hurt him. so i'm avoiding his calls and texts, he'll eventually get the message and then i won't have to worry about it anymore."

after hearing the whole explanation, scout decided that mckinley was right. this whole thing was unreasonable. "so you're ghosting reece now to, what? avoid hurting him in the future?" scout asked, bluntly. mckinley rolled her eyes, "well when you put it like that it sounds ridiculous-" scout cut her off, "that's because it is mckinley! i know that what you went through with daniel was hard, but reece is wonderful. and he's so great to you, i just, i don't know why you're doing this yourself."

mckinley sighed, "see, this is why i didn't tell you earlier. i knew you would say this!" scout gave her friend a reproachful look, "as your best friend, it's kinda my job to tell you this stuff. but," she quickly added when she noticed kin's protest, "it's also my job to support you no matter what. so, i'm gonna ask again. are you sure that this is what you want? because i've seen you around reece, he makes you more happy than even daniel did. i think that the two of you would be incredible together. and, i'm gonna be extremely honest here, it sounds like you're making up excuses because you're scared of putting yourself out there again."

"i'm sure scout. and i am scared of being in another relationship. but i'm more scared of hurting reece, that is one thing that i will absolutely not allow myself to do. please be on my side about this." the girl pleaded. scout nodded in resignation. from her friend's firm tone she knew there was no way she could sway her from this decision. "of course. i'm always on your side kinny pop." the two shared a long embrace, "i love you cookie. always and forever." pulling away, scout finished the phrase, "no matter what."