•2•

🌑 Marco Thorne 🌑

"Thorn," Daniel calls from outside my office. "Dad's calling you. He got you a new file."

Thorn has been my nickname since I was 15. It was given to me by Daniel himself. He insisted on calling me that due to my last name and it kind of just stuck.

"Give me a minute." I say gathering all the scattered bullets on my desk. I load them into my smallest pistol and slip it into the back of my belt.

I make my way through the huge mansion owned by none other than Richard. I take a deep breath and knock on his large wooden door.

The door is opened by a man dressed in black, Samuel, Richards most trusted bodyguard.

Richard turns around and hangs up the phone he was on as soon as he sees me.

"Marco, come in my son." I oblige. He motions at his chair in front of him. "Join me." I do.

"You have a new file for me?" I ask.

"Yes," He calls Daniel, over who is holding a large Brown paper envelope. Daniel hands it to me directly. Without hesitation, I tear the envelope open and take a look at my new target.

Emric Brown

Age: 18
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Eye/Hair Colour: Green/Blonde
Reason: Destruction of Drugs
Target: Sister

Arabella Brown

Age: 21
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Eye/Hair Colour: Green /Brown
Reason: Family Member

"A girl?" I ask raising my brows.

"Is there a problem?" Richard asks, as if challenging me.

"No sir, just confused." I say dryly.

"You know we target family members to get what we want. Mr. Brown seemed closest to his sister." He shrugs. " the rest of the papers include locations, resident information as well as her entire schedule. Jacob has been watching her for a month now."

I laugh, of course he has. "Any further questions, I go to Jacob. As always."

"Correct. Now Marco," He says leaning in so he's breathing directly on me. "Don't mess up. I trust you."

"You should." I respond looking him dead in the eyes. I turn to Daniel. " Dan, send Jacob to my office." With a quick nod he leaves the room, and I follow him.

"Always wondered why Dad likes you more." Dan says as soon as the door shuts behind us.

"Take a wild guess, brother." I say, smirking. He laughs and shoves me playfully.

"So you ready?" He asks.

"For what exactly?"

"Your first female target."

I'm quite for a second. Yes, when you put it like that it sounds bad. "I treat all targets the same." I conclude. He just laughs.

He stops "Jacob is on his way to your office and I'm not coming. I have some urgent business with Dad. See ya!" He turns around and jogs back to where we came from.

Jacob and Daniel have a history together. The two were dating for six months before Jacob cheated on Daniel. Daniel had changed since then. He was bigger now, stronger and meaner. He promised he would never allow himself to get hurt again.

None of us really like Jacob anymore. He hurt my best friend and brother. I stay away from him as much as possible. But when it comes to my job, I don't really have a choice.

When I reach my room, Jacob is standing outside.

"You had questions?" He says as soon as he notices me.

I shake my head. "Just a detailed description."

"Really hot."

I stare at him blankly. Jacob was a asswhole to say the least. "Seriously. She's like a hot nerd. Sucks to see her go."

"Okay, come back when your not drooling." I roll my eyes. "I have other things to do."

"Okay." He pauses. "Marco?"

"Mhm."

"Don't let your aim waver. You don't want to disappoint Richard. "

"Duh."

...

Her hands trailed down my arm as she leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Why can't we go back to your apartment Marco?"

She was whining and I didn't like that. Venessa was always trying to get some alone time with me. To be honest, I gave in a couple times, but she keeps coming back for more. It's like she thinks we're in a relationship. Just because I sleep with you, don't mean I'm in love with you.

Living here in the mansion is hard. But it got easier as time passed. As soon as I turned eighteen, I bought myself an apartment. Everyone knew I did, but luckily no one knew where it was.

"I haven't been to my place in six years. What made you think I would go now? And with you?" I say after a while. Nessa was a nice girl, well as nice as Richard's niece can get. But she had this obsession with me that made her unbearable.

"Fine," She said rolling her eyes. "Take me to your room, Thorn."

●○●

A/N: SORRY FOR TAKING FOREVER TO UPDATE I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING (WOOHOO)

OVER 40 READS! THIS IS EXCITING AS WELL AS HUMBLING!

IK THE CHAPTERS ARE A LITTLE SHORT BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST.

QUESTION FOR MY READERS: WHAT TV SHOW SHOULD I WATCH? (ON OR OFF NETFLIX)

LUV U BUNCHES 🌹