1: Out of the Closet

I had found myself wearing pink fucking taffeta, crammed in a closet with a man who was entirely unavailable, seriously questioning my life choices. It was the day of my brother's wedding and I was in a coat closet with David De Silva, the son of my Godfather Rio De Silva. Not that I needed a Godfather since my parents and I were literally greek gods. Still, the fact that I was kissing David was somewhat of a scandal.

"This is no good," I whispered in between kisses. David was working my zipper with a ferocity. I think he broke it at some point.

"Don't lose your courage now, Leia," he said. "I've wanted this forever. "

I nodded, knowing what he meant. I was beautiful, and forbidden to him. His parents wanted David to marry a mortal, and though they got along now, my mother and his mother had a complex relationship. Besides, my brother was marrying his brother. Ever since the engagement, our flirtations have felt more and more taboo. But I also knew David De Silva's longing was purely physical, based on his desire to see me naked. I was beautiful, a literal goddess. But I was not stupid enough to think David loved me; he was a rich fuckboy with superpowers. David did not do love, and neither did I.

"No, there is no lock," I said. "And I am not quiet. Maybe we should find a bathroom."

"You think I would fuck you in the bathroom?" He whispered in a way that sent shivers down my spine. I nodded, our eyes meeting.

"Nevermind," I said. "Here is good, and now is good."

He did not stop to ask for permission for a second time. He took me in the closet and I bit my lip to keep silent. Five minutes passed and it was over. We pulled back on our clothes and stumbled out. David left before me, winking as he left. I felt the perfect mixture of shame and satisfaction. I left a moment later, running into a man. He had dark eyes and hair, and he glanced at me with a knowing smile. This man had to be at least thirty, possibly older. But his age didn't detract from his charm, and a winning smile immediately melted my inhibitions.

"Celebrating early?" He asked, a deep baritone calling to me.

He had the darkest eyes I had ever seen and longer black hair, streak with flecks of silver. He was broad and tall, and something about him took my breath away. I had a problem with men. I had an addiction. I was insatiable. I'd never been with an older man before, and somehow, this one seemed like a viable choice. A man with grey hair and beer belly did not appeal to me. But this man did not look like anyone's father. He looked like a dream.

"He had to help me with my zipper," I said.

The man nodded, his eye dropping to my unzipped dress. I was a flower girl at twenty years of age, which was enough of an embarrassment. My brother had ordered a dress with a faulty zipper, which is how I ended up in a closet with David.

"He did not seem to finish the job," the man's voice purred. "Shall I have a go at it?"

I turned around, exposing my open back to this total stranger. Somehow, it seemed like a good plan. He put his hands on the zipper gingerly, seemingly taking a moment to smell my perfume. He zipped it up slowly, casually placing his hands on my waist. I did not try to stop him, for reasons that were beyond logic.

"So," I said as calmly as I could. I could feel his breath in my hair. "Are you a human or a god, or one of the many demigods?"

He chuckled softly and I noticed he still had his hands on my waist.

"God."

"Full-fledged God?"

"One of the original Olympians, dear," he said.