An old friend

Peter wakes up alone in the middle of the night. He was confused because the last thing he saw was MJ in his arms sleeping. 

He got out of bed & walked to his living room to get some breakfast. He opened his fridge & saw a half-gallon of milk.

"Hey kid", A deep voice says. Peter recognizes the voice. 

"Tony"? Peter runs up & gives him a huge hug. "How are you here you died"? 

"Let's not get into details kid", Tony breams away from their hug. "Follow me". Peter quickly follows. They exit his apartment door & end up in a hospital. 

"What are w-", Peter asks. Tony shushes him as he leads him into a room. Peter walks in & sees MJ laying on the hospital bed unconscious. "No. No. What happened"? Peter got on his knees & held her hand. 

"You left her Peter", Tony places his hand on Peter's shoulder. "You left her to protect someone else". 

"No, I left her to protect her", Peter yells at him. 

"Take it from me kid, the bad guy always goes after your loved ones". 

"No, I will protect her", Peter yells louder. 

"You can't, you couldn't protect us". Peter turns around & sees Tony & May. 

Peter runs into May's arms. May kisses Peter on his head. "Try to live a little, maybe even take a risk". 

"Why are you guys telling me this? I've already made my choice", Peter mumbles into May's neck. 

"Hey kid", Tony snaps his fingers. "We're your subconscious, we can’t tell you anything you haven't told yourself". 

"Don’t listen to him, don’t listen to me, do what your heart wants not what your head's telling you to do Petey", May says releasing Peter from their hug. She walks next to Tony. 

"What are you doing", Peter is in tears. 

"It's time to go", May says. Peter runs up to them but they vanished into thin air. 

Peter hears the machine go off behind him. He turns around & MJ is violently shaking. "MJ", Peter yells. Peter grabs her hand & she stops shaking, but he hears a long beep behind him. "No"!

Peter sits up in his bed in a cold sweat. MJ quickly does too but Peter woke her up. 

"Hey. Peter, it's okay", MJ grabs his hand & runs his back. Peter looks over at her. He hugs her crying into her shirt. 

"You're still here", He mumbles. 

"You said you'll always be here for me, I thought I should do the same for you", MJ hugs him back. Their hands are still in one another's. "It's only fair". 

Peter breaks away from her & just stairs at her. "Thank you MJ". Peter leaned in a kissed her. They didn’t separate for 5 minutes. 

MJ took a deep breath of air, "You said we cant Peter". 

"I'm not saying that now", Peter pushed her backward & crawled on her. He made his way from her lips to her neck in seconds. 

"Peter", MJ asked. "What made you change your mind"? 

"An old friend", Peter said as he climbed back up her. She removed his shirt & pants immediately. He then did the same to her. 

They kissed for a few more minutes then Peter removed his boxers & continued kissing her. "Peter wait"! Peter rolled over & got into his nightstand, there was a small brown bag. He reached inside & grabbed the small plastic wrapper. He opened it instantly & rolls the condom on. While Peter was in the nightstand MJ removed her remaining clothes & waited. He rolled back on top of her he continued on her neck leaving little spots.