Mal's Memories

Trigger warnings: underage rape, physical abuse, emotional abuse and manipulation, neglect, imprisonment forced abortion.
—————

"Mommy..." Little blonde five year old Mal whined.
"What Mal?" The woman snapped at the child.
"I'm 'ungry" she tried to curl on her mother's lap only to be pushed off onto the floor.
"Then go outside and get yourself something and stop bothering me." She glared dismissively at the child.

"Can I 'ave some money?" Mal asked softly.
"Have! Enunciate Mal and No you want something steal it." Maleficent slapped the girl and glared at the child, "how will you reign at my side as the mistress of evil if you can't fucking speak!" Mal had struggled pronouncing her H's since she had been able to talk.
"Sorry mommy." Mal muttered scampering out of the room.

Mal wondered down the filthy streets she saw Jafars son Jay steal bread from a stall. She followed after him down taking a short cut to cut him off.
"Woah!" He squeaked when she appeared in front of him.
"Give me the bread!" She commanded.
"No this is mine go get your own!" Jay pouted.
"I don't know 'ow so give it me Now!" She flashed her green eyes at him.
"What if we split this and I can show you how to steal, but you owe me one." Jay offered.
"Deal." Mal shook his hand. The pair sat up against the trash cans.
"Don't worry I will get you all patched up we just need somewhere not so busy." They heard a little girls soft voice approach. Suddenly a blue haired girl appeared she was their age she was holding the hand of a toddler.
"Oo are you?" Mal sneered as the girl told the toddler to sit down.
"I'm Evie, Daughter of the Evil Queen, I'm just help Carlos he was attacked by a group of rats and it could get infected." She explained pointing to the boys arm that was littered in bites. Evie pour whiskey on it and bandaged it up. Mal felt for the boy and handed him the rest of her half of the bread.

Mal and Jay both bolted down the streets Jay clanging with jewels as Mal dropping an apple as they escaped the people they had just stolen from. Mal was a quick learner Jay had shown her all the do's and don't when it came to stealing. The pair escaped to Mals room entering through her window.
"What did you thinks over there?" Mal asked looking over at Auradon as Jay looked at all the jewels he'd took.
"Prissy Princess, perfect princes and good two-shoes." Jay suggested.
"What do you think it would be like to live there? To 'ave delicious food? To 'ave friends? To find love?" Mal asked sitting on the balcony. Jay climbed onto it next to the five year old.
"My papa says it's boring, the food is better but the waste most of it with frilly buffets, he says you don't need friend when you have minions and Love is something the causes downfalls and makes us weak." Jay explained.
"I'd like to live there just for one day." Mal confessed.
"Shh. Don't let you mom hear you say that." Jay shushed the girl.
"Jay will you be my friend?" Mal asked softly.
"We can't let the adults hear us saying these things so instead of friends let's be partners in crime." Jay grinned and Mal nodded.

*****
A squeal sounded from Mals room she quickly fled through her window to her and Jays usual hang out.
"Jay! Jay! Look!" She only showed this excitement to him.
"What is it?" He asked turning around to face her as he was previously spray painting.
"My hair." She smirked.
"It's so purple." Jay smirked embracing the girl in his arms.
"Has your mom seen it yet?" Jay asked plopping down on a bean bag with not many beans left.
"Not yet I wanted to show you first." She smiled she did a full spin her purple get up. Jay wolf whistled and she burst out in giggles. If their parents could see them now she'd be dead. After a quick stealing competition, resulting in Jay winning the eight year old decided to head home.
"Mal!" Her mother cackled noticing the now purple haired girl.
"Mom?" She strides over.
"Your hair, you know what that means." Maleficent commented sitting in her throne.
"If we were in Auradon I would could use my magic?" Mal asked uncertain.
"Exactly so it's time you stopped messing around spending your time playing games with a common theif and you start gaining power over children your age.
"How?" Mal asked looking up at her mother.
"Start off small, find someone small and weak make them fear you they won't cross you then challenge who ever has the most power and make an example of them everyone will fall in place then." She explained to her daughter.
"Ok." The girl began to leave.
"Mal," Mal turned looking at her mother, "don't disappoint me." Her eyes flashed bright emerald.
"I won't Mother." She raced off.
"Jay!" Mal called.
"Yeah?" Jay asked painting the moustache and glass on a poster of Prince Benjamin.
"One day I will rule all this and you will help me." Mal explained.
"How?" Jay asked the eight year old. Just as Carlos De Vil was walking past a wagon full of fur coats.
"Like this." Mal approached Carlos. She pushed him to the floor. She found a long purple fur coat. She put it on then kicked over the wagon. She ignored Carlos' cries as she jumped on top of them. Covering them in dirt.
"De Vil, pick up the coats, Jay make sure he follows." The boys did as she instructed.