On the road

I was in the RV sitting on the couch connected to a table. I was just staring out into the distance not saying anything. Glenn was sitting in the front next to Dale looking out the window. Dale was driving. Jim was in the back laying on the bed while Jacqui keeps an eye on him. I sat my head down on the table and drifted off to sleep. We were all exhausted.

I opened my eyes slowly. I put my head up and saw that everyone was outside besides Jim and Jacqui. I walked out the RV. I rubbed my eyes and walked towards The front of the RV. I looked at the front of the RV with steam coming out the front. "I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I said I needed the one from the cube van." Dale told Rick.

"Can you jury rig it?" Rick asked.

"That's all its been so far. It's more duck tape than hose, and I'm out of duck tape."

"I see something up ahead. A gas station if we are lucky." Shane said while looking through binoculars. I took my hair out of my ponytail while yawning trying to wake up a little.

Jacqui rushes out of the RV, "Y'all, Jim, It's bad. I don't think he can take it anymore." I frowned in the fact that Jim is still in pain.

"Hey Angela you wanna hold down the fort?" Shane asked.

"Yeah." I said while walking towards the RV.

"Keep your eyes out we are going to check out this gas station." Shane said as Rick and some people left with him. I walked into the RV to talk to Jim.

"We'll be back on the road soon." I said with my arms crossed.

"Oh no. Please no. My bones. My bones are like glass. Every little bump. God, this rides killing me. Jim responded. He took a deep breath then looked away. "Leave me here." He demanded.

"Jim." I said while sitting down next to him. "This fever is making you delirious than ever. Is that what you want?" I asked.

"I want to be with my family." He answered. I looked at my lap. "Jim it's not up to me. "

You'll have to talk to the others when they get back."  Jim started coughing. I grabbed the bucket and put it up to the bed as he leaned over it. I grabbed water as he started laying back down. I poured some water in his mouth. He swallowed, "Thank you." I smiled at him. I heard a car pull up to I got up "I'll tell Rick to talk to you."  Jim nodded nodded.

I walked out of the RV. I saw Rick and the others talking. I walked up to Rick. "Hey." I greeted.

"What's up? How's Jim?" Rick answered while putting his python pistol in his holster.

"He actually wants to talk to you." I said while squinting from the sun in my eyes.

"Okay I'll talk to him." He answered.

"How did the station go down the road?" He raised his eyebrows. "Well it was completely empty."

I chuckled "Just a waste of time I guess." 

"Yup." He said perfectly with his southern accent.

"I better go talk to Jim." He said while walking towards the RV. As he walked in I saw Lori giving me a weird look. I ignored it and went to go walk around.

I started walking around just in case walker come. I have my hand on my holster. Tapping my fingers in a tone of a song I used to listen to. I turned around and immediately saw Shane behind me. I gasped, "Jesus Shane. What are you doing?" I asked still creeped out.

"Thought you could use some company." Shane said while smiling.

"I'm fine by myself." I politely declined. Shane got closer. He put his hand up against my cheek. He caressed my cheek gently. He started walking closer as I backed away. I backed away until my back was against a tree. He used a finger to lift my chin up. I turned my head to the side. I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks.

"You make me crazy." Shane whispered. He leaned down and kissed me. It was a soft peaceful kiss. Once our lips stopped touching Shane smiled and turned around and started walking back to the road.

I stood there. My back still against the tree. I closed my eyes repaying the kiss in my head. 'Why did I let him kiss me' I kept thinking. I snapped out of it and started walking towards the road. I walked past Shane like nothing happened. I felt his eyes on me. I ignored it and stood my Tdog and Andrea. Rick walked out of the RV and took his hat off. "He wants us to leave him. That's what he said he wants." Rick started.

"And he's lucid?" Carol asked.

"He seems to be. I would say yes." Rick answered

ZDale spoke up, "Back at the camp when I said Daryl might be right and you shut me down, you misunderstood. I would never go along with callously killing a man. I was just going to suggest that we ask Jim what he wants and I think we have an answer.

Shane leaned over to Rick "we just leave him here, take off. Man, I'm not sure I could live with that."

Lori spoke up, "It's not your call, either one of you."

Rick nodded while looking at Shane, "let's do what he wants." I looked down as Rick and Shane went into the RV to get Jim. Everyone was frowning. Some were crying.

Rick and Shane came out and rested Jim up on the nearest tree. Everyone gathered around Jim waiting to say goodbye.

"Hey Jim, you know it doesn't need to be this." Shane told Jim.

"No. It's good, the breeze feels nice." Jim mumbled. Shane gave him a pat on the shoulder and walked to the side of the tree. Jacqui walked up to Jim next. "Just close your eyes sweetie." Jim closed his eyes and then kissed his cheek. Jacqui started crying then walked away.

Rick walked up next. "Jim do you want this?" Rick asked while holding up a pistol.

"No, you'll need it. I'm okay." Rick gave Jim a little smile then walked next to Shane.

After Glenn and Daryl said goodbye I walked up next. I kneeled down. "Thank you for helping us you are a good man Jim." I said giving him a slight smile.

"Okay." He said breathing loudly with a smile.

We all walked back to the road. I waved to Jim before I got into the RV to continue our ride.

It wasn't long before we arrived in the C.D.C. Parking lot. We all walked out in a group. Of course Shane walked with me. I pulled my gun out. We all looked around. I blocked my nose from the horrible smell of the dead. There were dead bodies everywhere.

We arrived at the front of the C.D.C. building. Rick started looking into the cameras.

"Hello, is there anyone in there? We need help. We have women, children." Rick said while looking into the cameras intently.

"I know your in there. Please!" Rick yelled louder. Shane put his hand on Ricks shoulder.

"Rick, I don't think anyone's here." Shane said. I looked down with my gun in my hand. 'Maybe Shane was right, maybe there's no people here.' I thought to my self.

Everyone started to walk towards the cars in disappointment. The sun was setting. "Rick it's going to be dark soon we have to go." I demanded. Rick started walking backwards while still looking into the cameras. I started walking slowly towards everyone else.

Then Rick said, "The camera moved." I stopped and looked at the camera.

"Rick come on it looks the same." I said crossing my arms.

"Let us in I know you're in there I saw the camera!" Rick yelled while banging on the door. I looked back at Rick. Then everyone turned around when we heard the doors slide open with a bright light shining out.

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoy the story so far. 💕

(Edited)