IV

Once school had started, it made everything a bit more difficult. They still went to the same school though, even if for the last year (they still haven't talked about that. Louis' not sure he really wants to), and they rode the same bus, being that they lived so close to each other.

But things were still different, with Louis being two grades ahead of Harry and all the homework the teachers gave out. Noticing, and refusing to drift apart, they'd decided for Louis to go over to Harry's. They'd only been in school for a couple of weeks but having seen him almost every day during the summer, he was going through a very serious Harry deficiency.

He couldn't sit still through maths (or math as the teachers called it) and once the bus dropped both of them off, they both walked the short distance to Harry's house.

Once they got to the house, both Louis and Harry dumped their books on the chair.

"Hi mom!" Harry called to his mom who was sitting in a chair, reading.

Once she heard Harry's voice, she looked up and smiled. "Hey guys. Back from school already?"

Harry nodded and head toward the chair, kissing his mom on the cheek. "Louis and I are going up to my room, okay?"

"Okay. Have fun."

Harry giggled when Louis mock bowed and he followed Harry up the stairs, causing Harry to giggle even harder when he tripped over a stair.

"I think you're rubbing off on me curly," he grumbled, making Harry blush.

When they made it up, Louis collapsed on Harry's bed, groaning.

"M'so tired," he whined. Harry hummed and sat at the foot of the bed, patting Louis' ankle.

"School will do that to you," Harry said absently, looking down at something in his lap.

Louis peeked his head up to see what he was paying so much attention to. It was a petite, brown leather bound book with different colour marks coming up from the book. Louis sat up and rested his chin on Harry's shoulder.

"What's that you're looking at?"

Startled, Harry tensed slightly but almost instantly relaxed. "That rhymed," he grinned.

Louis rolled his eyes. How does he even stand this dork?

Harry closed the book and laid it next to him on the bed. "And it's nothing, really. Kinda like a journal, I guess. Like, urm- lyrics and stuff."

Louis frowned. "Lyrics you wrote? You never told me you were a songwriter."

Harry blushed. "More like, I want to be a songwriter. Not really there yet." He motioned to the book. "They're not even all that good, really."

Louis moved to go pick up the book. "Well, maybe I wanna be the judge of that."

As quickly as Louis went to grab it, Harry snatched it back and shook his head. "Nuh uh. This book is for my eyes only."

Louis pouted. "Pleease."

Harry pouted right back at him and got up, taking the journal with him and securing it in his bag.

Louis sighed dramatically and collapsed back onto the bed, throwing an arm over his face. "Hazzaa. I will get to that journal one day. You can't deprive me of your secrets forever."

Harry snorted and walked back to the bed, throwing himself on top of Louis.

"Agh! Get off me you yeti," Louis protested, squirming under Harry's lanky body and attempting to sit up. Harry giggled and scooted off of him, lying his head in Louis' lap as Louis sat up completely. Louis sifted his fingers through Harry's hair lightly and took the time to glance around Harry's room.

It wasn't the first time he'd been here but the room stunned Louis every time he was. It was so much larger than his - mainly because Louis had 4 other sisters to share the house with and Harry only had one. He also had a TV and video player in his room while Louis had none.

As if Harry could feel his eyes on the tv, Harry asked, "Movie?"

Louis looked down at Harry to see his green eyes fixated on him, waiting for his answer. Louis hummed and released his fingers from Harry's hair, Harry hesitantly getting up and making his way to the player. Louis turned away from Harry for a second and found himself glancing at Harry's bag. He wonders if-

"Don't even think about it Lou."

Louis huffed and turned back to see Harry smirking at him from the tv. "I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to."

Harry rolled his eyes and pressed close on the box, walking back to the bed and resting his head in Louis' lap again.

"Of course not."

"Don't be cheeky, curly," Louis said, tugging a curl on Harry's head which only made him grin even larger.

Pointedly ignoring Louis' comment, he said, "I put on Peter Pan."