Chapter 2

You know that feeling when you just know that it's going to be a shit day? That's exactly how Sky felt upon waking up. Maybe it was the small hungover she had, so she shrugged it off and went to go about her day. She thought it was going to be a very regular and mundane day so she decided to leave her flask.

Not drinking before heading to school was rare for Sky. It only happens when she feels that she could go through the day without it, or if she was too lazy and late to refill her flask.

But oh how Sky wished she went with her gut than her laziness. For she walked down the hall spotting Rue smiling, a rare sight that made her glad. That was until she saw a pink haired girl talking to her and laughing along with her. The new girl everyone was talking about. Apparently she attacked Nate Jacobs or something. Sky was never one for gossip, but if it were to help her know more about the new girl then why not?

She instantly recognized what she was feeling. Yes, it was jealousy but it felt more than that. The way the pinky--what else was she going to call her?--dressed and the vibes she was giving felt like something was off. Sky didn't like her at all and it was not just because she was making Rue laugh and have a conversation with her more than Sky has for the past years or so. But what bothered her most was the way Rue was looking at her. It was as if she got a puppy on Christmas day and nothing else mattered. Surely, pinky was far from a puppy. She was more of an iguana or something. A pink one.

Despite the green she was seeing, the bright side was it was a slight confirmation on Rue's preference. But it wasn't so bright. As Sky's tongue craved what she missed upon waking up.

Sky went about her day, anxiously tapping her pen on the table whiplst staring at the clock. She may have been a drunk but she was still a nerd. A nerd who still gets anxious on missing classes, therefore she continued on her day despite the  great need for alcohol. Either way she was anxious and her mind was over the place, thus not being able to focus in class. The one thing she could focus on was the craving she was suffering from. She really was regretting leaving her flask at home.

No matter how much water she drank the feeling was still there. The thirst for the bitter liquid to burn down her throat.

"Hey Martinez! You doing alright?"

Sky jumped in surprise. "Great! Just doing great!"

"Your hands are shaking." Rue stated upon noticing Sky's hand, which she immediately grabbed in attempt to make it stop but in only got worse so she hid it behind her back.

"It was just really chilly in the classroom. See you around, Bennett." Sky ended the interaction not wanting Rue to know about it and because she saw pinky approaching.

The day felt heavy as she rode her bike in greater speed, wanting to get to Fez's store as soon as she can. It was longer than it actually was as she felt her heart beat faster and her hands become more shaky.

"Sup, S." Fez greeted in his monotone voice.

"Tequila." Sky demanded, placing the right amount of cash on the counter. Fez gave her a questioning look. "Please?"

"Since you asked so nicely." Fez scanned the bottle and gave her change.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's not that bad, Fez. I'll be alright. Just need some of these." Sky replied, gesturing to the alcohol in her hand.

"You know where I am, S."

By the time she got home, she has drank a good one fourths of the bottle. No, she didn't ride her bike on the way home. She knew better to drink and drive. The alcohol was doing a great job as her cravings her satisfied. But her feelings weren't still numb. It only got worse upon seeing the old note from her mother on the counter near the door.

Tears sprung from her eyes but she held back. She left the note untouched and where it was like she always did before heading to the living room to resume her drinking and maybe binge watch a couple movies.

A mundane day indeed.