6

|||||

|||||

Ashton stood in the back of the Scout surveying the alley they stood in, J sitting on the side of the tray; Deran standing at the back with Pope leaning on the driver's side door as Craig addressed them all. She crossed her arms over her chest, looking through her sunglasses as her head pounded from a hang over. She'd left Eli in bed to sleep as Craig waited outside with the others for her, she'd squashed herself between J and Deran; resting her head on the elder's shoulder. 

'There's cameras on the warehouses on Vine and Thomas,' Craig informed them; 'There's no exterior cameras on this block. That's why it's got to be here.'

'How many people actually work in these warehouses?' Deran asked.

'It's long-term storage mostly. Only four pedestrians every three hours. Traffic's light, too only two cars a minute.'

'Are you sure the security travels separate?' Pope queried.

'Yeah. They're following in the car behind. They stay close, so they got GPS on the truck. This street's one way. You got dumpsters on the south side, another on the east if we get jammed up. We block the intersection on Pine and Hillcrest. Then keep the follow car far enough back so they don't get a clear line of sight.'

'How do you know this is the route?'

'Thing's fifteen feet tall. It's the only route with enough clearance. You got the truck?'

'Yeah, it's at Ray's right now. Lost the VINs, it's getting a new coat of paint, new license plates,' Deran nodded as he took a breath from his cigarette. 

'Alright, and the decals?'

'We got a set of Calrides back at Smurf's.'

'I'll get them,' Pope suggested. 

'Just make sure she doesn't see you,' Craig nodded. 

'I paid eight grand for that truck,' Ashton spoke up. 

'Twelve hundred for the car,' J added. 

'Why'd you pay twelve hundred for the car?' Deran retorted.

'Why didn't you just steal it?' Pope hissed.

'I did it to minimise risk,' J looked away. 

'A bit lazy,' Deran muttered, earning a glare from his sister.

'Look, I'll talk to Frankie about adding it to the fee,' Craig sighed; 'Business expenses.'

'Who's the buyer?' Ashton asked. 

'Some douchebag billionaire.'

'Yeah, what do we know about him?' J pressed. 

'Does it matter?'