C h a p t e r - 22

[Edited] Chapter 22: The Thing With The Family!

Nova:

I was reading Sam's romance novel, when my phone beeps.

I look at it to see it was from Mom. She had send a request to video-chat with her.

Scott shifts beside me and nudges my shoulder. I look at him and show him my cell.

"You talk to your mum, I'll give you some privacy. I'll be in the living room, 'kay?" He says getting up.

I look up at him and smile.

Just as he reaches the door, he smirks and says, "Don't worry, I'm in the next room... Try not to miss a lot. I know you will." He winks.

I roll my eyes and throw a pillow at his face, which misses the target as he ducks.

What's with all the pillow throwing around Scott?

I quickly accept the request in my cell and Mum's face appears on the screen.

Oh! How much I miss her...

"Hi, Mum."

"Hey sweetheart... how are you?" My mum asks, softly. 

I take in Mum's face. I was a xerox copy of her. She had black hair and brown eyes that had experience written all over it, ivory skin, small delicate button nose and full lips.

"I'm fine... How's Richie Rich?" I ask, winking.

Mum called my dad, Richie Rich 'cause, you know - his name was Richard and he's like 'Richie-Rich' rich.

"I'm fine, KittyKat..." Dad says, entering the screen, sitting beside Mum.

Dad wanted to name me Katherine, but my Mum wanted Novella. Hence, my name Novella Katherine Stark.

Remember guys - once you get married; your wife always wins.

Like they say - happy wife, happy life.

"Hey, Dad." I wave at him.

Dad smiles back, his dark blue eyes warm and soft. His dark brown hair with some strands becoming white, looks all messy.

What can I say? Mum likes to experiment different hairstyles on him...

It's not like he's complaining...

"How's my baby?" Mum gushes.